996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

0 to one mile top speed combined Texas Mile and Road and Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:59 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
0 to one mile top speed combined Texas Mile and Road and Track

This was a lost post from the other day:

Here are results from the Texas Mile combined with the Road & Track event in order of Top Speed at the mile. This is a standing start to one mile:

Autobahn Motorsports Supra -----------228 mph new record
SVS twin turbo Viper--------------------- 223
Heffner Ford GT tt------------------------ 222.2
Hennessey Viper tt ------------------------220.9
Eddie Bello's 964 ---------------------------219
Heffner Viper tt ---------------------------212
Saleen S7 tt -------------------------------205.7
Buggatti Veyron ---------------------------204.4
Lola Champ Car ---------------------------203.3
Lingenfelter Vette ------------------------- 203
Marty's 996 turbo Proto 700 -------------190.5
Evoms 997 tt 690R -----------------------187
RUF RT 12 -------------------------------- 187
RUF CTR Yellowbird ----------------------185.8
RUF R turbo -------------------------------180.2

All very impressive runs, there will be another Texas Mile event in March if anyone wants to go!

ps: I guess US tuners can't be all bad if they are beating RUF!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
I will have C16 and taller tires in March. 220mph+ to come...

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Originally Posted by buddyg
ps: I guess US tuners can't be all bad if they are beating RUF!
Who said they were all bad?

But before we start analysing too deep I guess you should compare apples to apples, competitions vs. competitions and maybe not combine them as conditions may differ.
If I compare a drag car to a production car I have to remember some important things before I jump to a conclusion (maybe that's just me?)

The Rt12 is a 650 hp car. The Evoms is a 690 hp car, is it not?
Evoms 997 tt 690R -----------------------187
RUF RT 12 -------------------------------- 187

Remember the CTR is a car from 1987...and it makes it to the list.

Most important: Some of these cars are one offs (to do one thing, namely win), some of them are production cars, made to commute and daily drivers.
If your one off Supra goes bang, who do you call?
If your production Veyron or Ruf goes bang, you simply call the factory and get the repairs done from warranty.

I must give some credits to the Supra, looking stock and everything. Congrats!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:50 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Erik,

good points and you guys should talk to Alois about building a car for this event,
It would be interesting to see what you guys come up with. I am sure Steve Beddor's
car is not well suited to this event being it is a Sport body.

Hollywood,

How about some good pics of that beautiful black Heffner Viper and a few stories
about the demise of your previous Viper???
I met you at the TxMile, Your car is very well put together!

MK

Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Erik,
good points and you guys should talk to Alois about building a car for this event
I don't think building an one off is their business.

But I hope the RUF CTR 3 and in the future the "R50" could make it a bit higher up in the lists, whilst still offering driveability and warranty in a daily driver package.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:04 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
The Ruf cars also do not need to run race gas while pulling these numbers.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good points,

The Ruf cars stand alone in their ability to daily drive, reliable, bullet-proof,
superior engineering all in a factory warranty package. You pay for it, though
like anything else. If I had alot of money, I also would have a 3.8 RT12 (in Orange).

It is quite fun to see what all the other tuners can do with this very capable platform.
Alois' cars have always been nice and torquey (I had the keys to one CTR overnight in
Bavaria), and was amazad by the way it just pulled through the rev range.

MK

Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
I will take some good pictures of it this weekend...freshly detailed. As far as my last TT Viper...

It was a Racing Solutions TT Viper (current avatar pic). I drove it to Florida and back to Dallas last December, and ran a best of 10.504 at 143mph on 20" Pirelli's, a 10.303 at 149mph at TX2K7 on BFG Drag radials and a 5.46 60 -130.

And for it's demise...I lost control of it, when I was doing some spirited driving. I swirved to avoid running over 2 bikers that changed into my lane at the last minute.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 AM
$w!ft is infamous around these parts
WOODTSTER your car is 700 AWHP? Protomotive? Nice speed

Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned
Erik@RPM is infamous around these parts
I was just looking at that R&T article, and I thought I might add a couple of cars, as well as diferentiate R&T cars (Bold) and TX Mile cars (Not bold):

Autobahn Motorsports Supra --------------228 mph new record
SVS twin turbo Viper----------------------223
Heffner Ford GT tt------------------------ 222.2
Hennessey Viper Venom 1000 t----------220.3
Eddie Bello's 964 ----------------------------219
Heffner Viper tt -----------------------------212
Saleen S7 tt -------------------------------205.7
Buggatti Veyron ---------------------------204.4
Lola Champ Car ---------------------------203.3
Lingenfelter Vette ------------------------- 203
Tim/RPM North 996TT------------------------191.8
Marty's 996 turbo Proto 700 -----------------190.7
Evoms 997 tt 690R --------------------------187
RUF RT 12 -------------------------------- 187.5
McLaren SLR------------------------------181.2
RUF R turbo -------------------------------180.2
Lambo Murci-------------------------------171.6

Last edited by Erik@RPM; 10-20-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Erik,

Great points but Bello drove his car from NJ to TX ran 219 mph and drove back to NJ. I would say it is a driver!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Bello drove his car from NJ to TX ran 219 mph and drove back to NJ. I would say it is a driver!
Yes I read that elsewhere, and it's a great achievement. The way it should be. A pity he lost his sunroof in one of the runs

However my point was cars that are "off the shelf" like the Veyron, Rt12 etc.

I don't know enough about Eddie's 964 except that it's very fast, but I would be surprised if it isn't very custom. Or does anyone offer a Eddie Bello kit?

This Porsche 911 turbo -78, or itsfun 3, has the current world record (FIA) in its class, in the standing kilometer. Very fast car, but I think it has more in common with Eddie's car than a production car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TSW6sPI2m8

Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
talk to Alois about building a car for this event,
It would be interesting to see what you guys come up with.
No idea to compete with a production car to these one-off tuner cars that have 1000hp++ and are running race gas and are far from daily drivers...

If this kind of event is real big in US, ask 9FF from Germany to join next time. They did three years ago 241.1 mph in Nardo with their street-legal 996 (sans mirrors actually...) They've also done 236mph+ with a 911 Cabrio there last year...

Now they are trying to go for 254mph in the same Nardo track (that's oval btw!) with this kind of car:

Last edited by Kaizu; 10-22-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 AM
We are talking about top speed from 0 to 1 mile they did not go that fast at the mile marker!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Erik
Yes I read that elsewhere, and it's a great achievement. The way it should be. A pity he lost his sunroof in one of the runs

However my point was cars that are "off the shelf" like the Veyron, Rt12 etc.

I don't know enough about Eddie's 964 except that it's very fast, but I would be surprised if it isn't very custom. Or does anyone offer a Eddie Bello kit?

This Porsche 911 turbo -78, or itsfun 3, has the current world record (FIA) in its class, in the standing kilometer. Very fast car, but I think it has more in common with Eddie's car than a production car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TSW6sPI2m8
Erik,

You know I love RUF cars and they are hardly standard production cars I will give you that they are not ONE OFF cars. My issues has been and always will be they are way too expensive for what you get!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 0 to one mile top speed combined Texas Mile and Road and Track