996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Opinions for QUIET exhaust ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Another vote for Europipe stage 2 quiet. I have a tip and apparently they tend to be louder...guys at Europipe rec. quiet for tips and convertible cars. I thought the stock exhaust was loud. Cruise at 50 and up in 5th gear (REMEMBER TIP) is very quiet, you can easily talk, radio needn't be turned up etc. Also true of 4th gear when not accelerating or under load. Idle a bit more "burbely" on start up and gentle down shifts. More aggresive under acceleration or WOT, but not like you worry about being pulled over for noise...it is never in your face loud. Of course best advise is to hear one for yourself if possible.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for all the data, its not really the volume I dislike it's the drone/sound that bugs me. My m3 is really loud but a really "nice" noise. I guess the eP quiet may be the answer.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Here is the custom exhaust that is going on my car. There really wasnt anything on the market that was going to suit our needs.70MM exhausts were going to be a restriction at our RPM level and air flow thru our custom heads. This is full 3 inch aircraft stainless steel tubing thru out and utilizes FOUR lightweight ceramic race mufflers so it should be relatively quiet. The mufflers are sound adjustable and fully rebuildable as well. The bottom row of mufflers can be removed and test pipes inserted if the exhaust needs to be a bit louder. It sure is pretty as well. I will most likely have a brand spanking new EP loud for sale real soon.....

Last edited by KPG; 10-21-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by KPG
Here is the custom exhaust that is going on my car. There really wasnt anything on the market that was going to suit our needs.70MM exhausts were going to be a restriction at our RPM level and air flow thru our custom heads. This is full 3 inch aircraft stainless steel tubing thru out and utilizes FOUR lightweight ceramic race mufflers so it should be relatively quiet. The mufflers are sound adjustable and fully rebuildable as well. The bottom row of mufflers can be removed and test pipes inserted if the exhaust needs to be a bit louder. It sure is pretty as well. I will most likely have a brand spanking new EP loud for sale real soon.....
That is a beautiful exhaust !! Up here in montana we have no inspection so I may just build something similar with no cats. I ran a similar design on my turbo ski boat using twin 4.5 inch core mufflers from each t72 turbo.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
KPG,

That looks fantastic, I also will be anxious to hear how it sounds.
Many of these systems give us the performance we want, but few give
the sound quality we want.

MK

Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
I would like to be able to talk to a passenger at 75 with the windows up....
If your car is a 6sped, I have just the thing. We pride ourselves on the fact that you can hear yourself think while you are driving...

Click the link below for more info. We have pics, dyno plots, and video.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...L=996ttexhaust

Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
KPG,

That looks fantastic, I also will be anxious to hear how it sounds.
Many of these systems give us the performance we want, but few give
the sound quality we want.

MK
I didnt have much of a choice. The EP is a great exhaust but it was going to choke around 700HP. Stef built some big 80mm like the one Zippy has but wasnt interested in doing anymore so here we are. I was planning on running straight pipes with cats for the big events and just turn it down and use the EP as the around town exhaust, but this solution is much better. The customer running it at the moment appparently thinks it is too quiet and is going to remove the lower 2 mufflers. The problem is sound is just too subjective so what is good for one person may not be good for another...