996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A New Age in Tuning!- Factory Launch Control (video inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Good luck Suman, their going to be a lot of big boy's playing this spring , things are going to get really interesting for the 996 in 08 . in a good way!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Gentlemen after getting a call back form EPL they have told me that this WILL hold boost at the launch and that was the whole point. He will make another video and I will post it with the launch control and the factory boost gauge zoomed in. You will need to set the rpm's higher then 3500 which was in the video. The new video will be at 5000 rpms with the FBG in the picture.

S

Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned
pistonia is infamous around these parts
The entire two step system seems to be programmed through the factory ecu. If you listen to what he's saying.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Look at the new GT2 and you will see the same thing has been implemented. Even Porsche is getting into it. BMW already has but with the new cars if they read the data and you have launched it more than 3 times they void your drive train warranty. Funny they offer such a thing and limit its use. So use those three times wisely

Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Is it diver adjustable on the spot?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by joetwint
Is it diver adjustable on the spot?
I don't think so, unless the tuner would be able to engineer a **** for example to be installed, that can change the rev limit in respect to the degree angle of the ****.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 AM
phthom is infamous around these parts
You can also get programs set for anti-lag, as long as the turbo's are compatible. I've got a couple of friends running dsm link on their dsm's, w/ a labtop all changes are done in seconds, as per anti-lag and 2 step. Launching a dsm w/ 25+lbs. on a GT35r is pretty eye-opening. I don't see how getting the software would be the problem. Now finding axles to handle the power thats the real problem

Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
ok guys so the theory was tested and at 4600 rpms the car was making 6lbs of boost on the launch. Not a bad factory 2 step if you ask me. I bet at 6000 the car will make just shy of a bar of boost. We will test it that high on my car.

S

Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by phthom
You can also get programs set for anti-lag, as long as the turbo's are compatible. I've got a couple of friends running dsm link on their dsm's, w/ a labtop all changes are done in seconds, as per anti-lag and 2 step. Launching a dsm w/ 25+lbs. on a GT35r is pretty eye-opening. I don't see how getting the software would be the problem. Now finding axles to handle the power thats the real problem
I think the whole idea is that all of this is done through the factory ecu. Which makes it so special.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by pistonia
I think the whole idea is that all of this is done through the factory ecu. Which makes it so special.
Exactly! I created this thread to show that there exists other guys that can tune these cars. Your not stuck with the same 3 big guys anymore.

S

Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Here is an idea. Why don't you learn how to manipulate the gas pedal to hold whatever rpm is most advantageous for a hard launch? I will teach you how for $795.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 05997S
Here is an idea. Why don't you learn how to manipulate the gas pedal to hold whatever rpm is most advantageous for a hard launch? I will teach you how for $795.
here's an idea - read before you post.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carendt242
here's an idea - read before you post.
Here is an idea, don't read any posts that don't embrace your narrow focus of reality.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 05997S
Here is an idea, don't read any posts that don't embrace your narrow focus of reality.
if you hold your pedal at a certain RPM, you *will not* build boost. that's a fact, not just of my narrow focus of reality. what is being discussed is a way to build boost on the line.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Exactly! I created this thread to show that there exists other guys that can tune these cars. Your not stuck with the same 3 big guys anymore.

S
it's not easy.. and no matter what your soon to be tuner says make sure he is going to back it up and not experimnet on your car for 2 years. trust me, I have been there I know. Does he have a full blown fuel system figured out? should u be running one big pump? 2 pumps? fuel rails? fuel lines? how big? injector sizes? low impedience? high impedience? 5 bar or a regulated 4.2 bar FPR? what about the almighty MAF that everyone has been stumped by? Even the biggest in the business couldnt get a grasp for some time. Look how long its taking UWM who is I believe a master in turbocharging... does your tuner have a P car running with all the above?
Maf issue solved? fuel system for a 800 rwhp package? Tuned?
Tuning volvos and audis for 100 HP gains is far from reinventing the Porsche wheel... sorry, Im not trying to put anyone down... but I have been down this road before... I just hope for your sake that the person you choose to go with can handle all the above issues. It's all peachy til things go wrong... Then you will have to come back to one of the 3 tuners you refered to... thats if they will be willing to finish your car.
I really hope it will work out... I really do.

good luck,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A New Age in Tuning!- Factory Launch Control (video inside)