996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A New Age in Tuning!- Factory Launch Control (video inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned
pistonia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
Bluetooth here... Picture to prove it =).
Nice stuff. I like it.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pistonia
Not every tuner does it via a GUI interface. Although I know for a fact Protomotive tunes via an eePROM chip, having to crack open the ECU each time and replacing the chip.
I was there more then once. I seen it with my eyes. If you think Todd sits in a car and does Dyno runs... then takes out the chip to makes changes and reinstalls it then- you are 100% wrong. He does it LIVE- makes changes... saves it to his lap top... if needed makes more tuning changes and when he is satisfied( that day or a year later) he puts it on a chip. So please do not suggest that he is dark ages and everyone is light years away. Furthermore, he uploads via email any changes to a customer's computer and its downloaded to the car at a later date if need be. So what is the problem with Todd's tunning approach?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Protomotive is def one of the big boys we have already understood this. Regardless of how the tuning gets done it gets done and done well by all the big tuners. This thread was started strictly to show that theres a new guy out there which I want to try. Much like Vishnu's post a while ago this is strictly to show other players exist and that custom tuning is prefered by myself via protomotive or EPL over OTS program like GIAC because each car is tuned to the products that are on the car at the time of the tune, whether it be through logs or live. Marc you got a sick car and after speaking to Todd this morning I have opened my eyes to the methods of Knighton.

S

Old 10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
...Anti-lag involves dumping fuel and severely retarding timing... ...Anti-Lag is very hard on both your exhaust manifold and turbos.
So true. Some of the rallye teams use a setup that involves a dedicated injector that atomizes fuel directly into the turbine housing. Keeps that wheel hot and spinning. Talk about zero lag! The turbine blades are toast by the end of the race though. One use, disposable turbo.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
Great Thread for the newbie

Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
We've had good confirmation that free revving boost can be obtained by a combination of:
a) rev limit function that withholds spark (unburned fuel dumped into exhaust manifold), and
b) retarding the timing to move some combustion heat from the heads to the exhaust.

So ...

Does this new ECU launch program incoporate both of these?
Will we get a **** to set the launch rpm?
Will that one poster figure out that we're talking about building free revving boost?

Another question - does the rev limit function rotate the cylinders that have spark withheld? I think we'll start washing oil off the walls with raw gas if it repeatedly withholds spark from the same cylinder.

Jeff

Last edited by MidnighTT; 10-25-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned
pistonia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
We've had good confirmation that free revving boost can be obtained by a combination of:
a) rev limit function that withholds spark (unburned fuel dumped into exhaust manifold), and
b) retarding the timing to move some combustion heat from the heads to the exhaust.

So ...

Does this new ECU launch program incoporate both of these?
Will we get a **** to set the launch rpm?
Will that one poster figure out that we're talking about building free revving boost?

Jeff
I think he finally figured it out.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
phthom is infamous around these parts
Correct me if im wrong but there are turbo's that are designed spec. for anti-lag from the factory such as the old evo tommi mac edition turbo. Anti-lag def isn't easy on the turbo's but if one is designed for it's use, what's the harm turbo wise.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:22 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Where is the video???