996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tracking the Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:32 AM
Banned
johnnie is infamous around these parts
Tracking the Turbo

I have only seen a maximum one of one turbo before at most of the local events here is So Cal. How mnay of you guys are doing TT's or DE's with POC, NASA or TCRA? I saw one silver TT this weekend at Fontana with POC running Hoosiers that was fast, at least 155mph in turn 1-2 area. Just curious how many people with PSS9's have tracked the car to see how good they work. I need to upgrade the suspension and have seen the Moton's, PSS9's and Cross set-ups all for about the same price..

Old 05-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I do a lot at Willow and Willow Springs - some stuff in the Bay area.

In fact, track day on Wed at Willow with OTR (Open Track Racing). If you come, I'll show you what the PSS9's feel like

Old 05-18-2004, 07:24 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I have been on the track once with the turbo (countless times with other cars) and I have the PSS-9's. I have them set on 1 all around and they are OK. Not great, but OK. If I was going to track it more, I would go for a more race oriented suspension.
I will be out again on June 18 on a much larger and faster track so it will be interesting to see how they perform under those circumstances.

Old 05-18-2004, 11:23 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
I just got back from Gingerman with my E55 and there were two tt's there, one driven by the top instructor who gave me a ride. My tongue is now hanging out of my mouth as I wait for my car!

Mine will be tracked often if it ever gets here!

Old 05-18-2004, 01:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Re: Tracking the Turbo

Originally posted by johnnie
I have only seen a maximum one of one turbo before at most of the local events here is So Cal. How mnay of you guys are doing TT's or DE's with POC, NASA or TCRA? I saw one silver TT this weekend at Fontana with POC running Hoosiers that was fast, at least 155mph in turn 1-2 area. Just curious how many people with PSS9's have tracked the car to see how good they work. I need to upgrade the suspension and have seen the Moton's, PSS9's and Cross set-ups all for about the same price..
I have a set of the FVD PSS9s (revalved etc....) for sale. Only had 800miles on 'em...

Old 05-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
I track mine often. It's totally stock suspension and street tires still.

I don't know your skill level, but until one masters street and stock setups, I wouldn't recommend going to track setups that will only cover up your mistakes.

Ultimately, you'll be a better driver for it. I'm just now getting to the point of getting some Sport Cups and new wheels. I'm also probably going to do the X74.