996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How loud is a straight pipe TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
How loud is a straight pipe TT?

Is there anyone here that has straight pipes on a tt? Is it to damn loud or is it driveable? if anyone got any soundclips or movieclips with a straight piped tt,please post it.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:13 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Huh......What? Its loud, but not so bad that I want to take them off.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
One good option for you might be straight pipes after the cats. It's loud but not THAT loud.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
Straight pipes, meaning with no cats? That is INSANELY loud.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Straight out of the turbos is very loud.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
Is there anyone here that has straight pipes on a tt? Is it to damn loud or is it driveable? if anyone got any soundclips or movieclips with a straight piped tt,please post it.
normally I would be more helpful but I just wonder how many times people will ask THE EXACT SAME QUESTION and everyone answers it AGAIN like they never heard of it???
there are tons of posts on this please try the search.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
ok here ya go from a day ago..........since I feel bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKM3
I heard the Fabspeed loud's aren't even that loud. I don't mind resonance or drone...

Video clips would also be great.

Also I saw Markski's setup is one of his videos. I know he has a lot of engine work done, but his setup sounds amazing. Does anybody know what exhaust he has??

ok after reading this you are a straight pipe guy, the decrease in performance is a myth.

a turbo engine does not need backpressure like a NA engine and actually doesnt want back pressure so do it and save yourself 5k.

here is a short crappy vid of my brand new engine start up for the first time and at the end you can see the straight pipes. it may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyO5LRdbb00

here is an even worse vid of me at sebring in a crappy run group before I learned how to drive but again the car sound is straight pipes and so may help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2CI1bK2-4

Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
The first startup and day with them they were cool ( I had fvd race pipes straight from turbo out) then I just didn't even want to get in the car and drive it around, it wasn't enjoyable and gave the new meaning to obnoxious, and again I've had some LOUD cars!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlgSeAK9QJU

That is with ONLY straightpipes and NOT upgraded headers (and obv when the car was near stock...haha)

Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlgSeAK9QJU

That is with ONLY straightpipes and NOT upgraded headers (and obv when the car was near stock...haha)
Ahhhh, MUSIC to my ears!!! Man I love that sound!!
I love the cars sound with straight pipes!! and its been two years.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
ya, and that run took place in Mexico BTW...was a great trip...

I should get some vid taken of the car now...its a deviant being...and after its deer at Summit incident, it wanted a GT2 bumper...so a GT2 bumper she got...

Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
That did sound grrrrreaaattt.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
My straight pipes sounded great when I got on it.......but they sounded like CRAP when I was just driving normally....

Chris

Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddrDZo0gV-k

I had straight pipes on for a long time.... IT WASNT that bad i guess if you were shifting at 2 grand .....but let me tell you ..if you opened it up.... IT felt as though i was going to jail for noise polution.. I mean it sounded amazing... INCREDIBLE....but only to a p car lover.... everyone I saw was moving out of the way.... THE TURBOS were sooo loud..it was increible.... the whistle they made was orgasmic.... hope you like the video..Ive got more will post if you really want to hear more.....

Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
D , i wanna hear more !! the laugh at the end is funny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How loud is a straight pipe TT?