996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How easy is it to acess to the rear seats with GT3 seats install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:20 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
How easy is it to acess to the rear seats with GT3 seats install?

I know I cannot recline the seats like the regular ones, but do I lose the power seat feature when I install the gt3 seats? And if I move the gt3 seats all the way to the most forward position, is it still easy to access to the rear seats? e.g. for one to climb in & out from the rear seats?

Thanks in advance.

ken

Old 10-27-2007, 04:48 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
It's possible but not easy....

Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
It is possible to access the back seats but very inconveniant.

Infrequently.

MK

Old 10-27-2007, 08:24 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Yes, you lose the power seat function and 60 lbs. of motor/electronics...I would say forget about the back seats for regular use.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
in a cabriolet it isn't too bad. in a coupe, forget about it.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:14 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Fogetaboutit. Depends how big you as well. It' like a black hole back there now.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
dude..don't even bother. ihad gt3 seats and just took out the rears..i couldn't squeeze anyone by there, and couldn't even fitstuff down the middle cause of the waythe headpiece bulge out. for anything bigger than a backpack (and even that is borderline if its stuffed) it won't squeeze thru.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
sigh.. thinking of fitting a car seat with gt3 seats installed.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
unless you can bend the rules of physics, not gonna work. I would just get a GT3 seat (leather) for the driver's side and keep a stock passenger seat..that way you can access the rear seats for the baby seat and it wouldn't be dangerous/unsafe in any way.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
unless you can bend the rules of physics, not gonna work. I would just get a GT3 seat (leather) for the driver's side and keep a stock passenger seat..that way you can access the rear seats for the baby seat and it wouldn't be dangerous/unsafe in any way.

Thought of going that route too but did not like the look of standard seat and gt3 seat. I guess, I will go with the sport seats replacement to the standard seats.

BTW, does any one have any for sale? Preferably with yellow colored back. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:29 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have a picture of a gt3 seat "all the way" forward...I am curious how much room is there. I have two small boys and want to know if the back seat can be approached by a nimble set of kids....

Why can't the gt2 new seats be cheap?

Thanks in advance!

JB

Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
add the tequipment bar and you won't be able to get a hampster back there

Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I should have been more clear, my fault, sorry guys.

I plan to do a BK-1029....found a new one on a certain website for auctions for a very good price....

Then seats.

Idea is to get 5pts for DE. Nothing more than that. I don't want to go into how much more I should get x, y, z....I will do more in time. I am in a low run group and not even timing my laps..I don't take myself too seriously.

I want to access the back for my two boys. I value time with them. Options are, as I see it:

Recaro speeds, possible with custom leather to match my interior (vote for black now....you have a super easy time finding matching seats!).

GT3's IF and only IF they can squeeze back there....that is the real question. Can someone with said seats on sliders post a picture with the seat "all the way forward...my question is "is there any gap to access the back"....not for a driver sized person, but say a 50# kid...

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 07-22-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
I thought about going GT3 for Driver's side only, but was told a lot of DEs require the instructor and student to have the same level of safety equipment?

Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justinmm2
I thought about going GT3 for Driver's side only, but was told a lot of DEs require the instructor and student to have the same level of safety equipment?
That is correct. PCA requires the same seating/harness arrangement on driver and passenger sides. This year, they have also added a rule for DE's that 5-pt or 6-pt harnesses can only be used if the seat has holes for the shoulder AND sub belts.

I have GT3 seats in my car and a DAS roll bar. No access to the rear seats for anything bigger than the owner's manual.

Jon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How easy is it to acess to the rear seats with GT3 seats install?