996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Double kill modified M5 and 640 rwhp G35!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Dutchboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
are you on g35driver by chance?
got any videos or pictures of your car?
i had 05 g coupe but it's no longer with me.
definately a nice car.

nice kill btw
I used to go on G35Driver, but not much anymore. Here is one of the few pics I actually have of the car:

Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
If that G35 has 640rwhp how does buddy's car beat him?

Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Because it is a Porsche! There is no substitute!My car is running a 5bar fpr and boost controller so it has more than 640 rwhp now!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dutchboy
Those were some fun runs Buddy. Your car is easily the fastest car I have ran against. I think you might have had 3 car lengths on me. The M5 is definitely no slouch either, especially for a 4,200lb 4-door. Good runs, hope the weather stays clear enough to get to the track today.
Your car is very fast and I am sure you have surprised many fast cars. Who did the work? I have a 2007 G35X are they working on those?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!
Next time gets some video action! Go blue!
Robert

Old 10-27-2007, 12:14 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Nice buddy, would have loved to see it on film! Alwas loved Josh's car, Jos is it running better? I remember you had pulley belt issues but that was a while ago, and that g35 sounds like a beast !
No issues now. I just run a 12lb. pulley. It doesn't slip....I don't have to run any race gas....its solid... just not as fast. The curremt set up put 688 at the tire. It used to be a 15 lb. pulley. I miss it... but the car is perfect right now.
The G35 is a beast thats for sure. We used to run neck and neck... But he decided to get a "methanol power booster".. Now im the slow guy out of the pack!!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
If that G35 has 640rwhp how does buddy's car beat him?
Just because a car has high hp at the wheels doesn't mean its automatically that fast LOL , gearing, where it makes its power, traction an just way too many factors as you know! G35's simply do not pull hard top end, well at least when I was modifying them and mine back in 03, I gave up because the car was so new and limited, now its a whole diff ball game but I still doubt it has the top end for 180's +, still extremely impressive though so not trying to be a jerk dutchboy, I sill have my G and love it, took my supercharger and eveything off though!

I then bought an m3 in 04, ran against my own g, friends g35 auto sedan with stg 2 stillen and a coupe with vortech, nedless to say my m3 stock was eating them up I was shocked considering these cars had as more power, yours is in a diff universe though.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Your car is very fast and I am sure you have surprised many fast cars. Who did the work? I have a 2007 G35X are they working on those?
Forged Performance in Marietta, Georgia. The '07 has the HR motor, which is quite a bit different from the previous years. I don't know of any FI yet available to the public. Shouldn't be long though.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Just because a car has high hp at the wheels doesn't mean its automatically that fast LOL , gearing, where it makes its power, traction an just way too many factors as you know! G35's simply do not pull hard top end, well at least when I was modifying them and mine back in 03, I gave up because the car was so new and limited, now its a whole diff ball game but I still doubt it has the top end for 180's +, still extremely impressive though so not trying to be a jerk dutchboy, I sill have my G and love it, took my supercharger and eveything off though!

I then bought an m3 in 04, ran against my own g, friends g35 auto sedan with stg 2 stillen and a coupe with vortech, nedless to say my m3 stock was eating them up I was shocked considering these cars had as more power, yours is in a diff universe though.
+1, I think the Porsche's gearing helps alot.

I haven't ran much past 160-170mph, but it gets to those speeds very quickly. I think you're right, it would probably run out of gear shortly after 170. I'd really like to do a run with Buddy starting from 100mph to see the outcome.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dutchboy
+1, I think the Porsche's gearing helps alot.

I haven't ran much past 160-170mph, but it gets to those speeds very quickly. I think you're right, it would probably run out of gear shortly after 170. I'd really like to do a run with Buddy starting from 100mph to see the outcome.

Let's do it!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The ability carry a lower gear makes high revving engines a real threat even if they are giving up power. Think M3, M5, Ferrari, GT3, NSX (in its time) etc...

You can have more power, but if you're pushing a higher gear, you could very conceivably be slower.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
KINGS POWER is infamous around these partsKINGS POWER is infamous around these parts
That D/A built M5 is wild!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ari
The ability carry a lower gear makes high revving engines a real threat even if they are giving up power. Think M3, M5, Ferrari, GT3, NSX (in its time) etc...

You can have more power, but if you're pushing a higher gear, you could very conceivably be slower.

Your tellin me........
i have 3.64,s and there killin me. The stock 3.15,s are so much better...... But it hasnt been on the top of my to do list to swap them out. Maybe over the winter. But yeah...... These gears are hurting me no doubt.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari

Haha basically what I was trying to say, G35's never had that top end power out of the VQ, so put it up to an M3 with identical power output and yea....

Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Congrats on the kills Buddy, It sounds like everyone had fun and still talking. That is the most important part, no one gets Pi$$ed and starts slinging Mud..Dutchboy, I commend you for your gracious posture in defeat, it shows alot of class Brother...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Double kill modified M5 and 640 rwhp G35!