996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any good body shops that are resonably priced in Chicago Area.Also what to pay for..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 08:43 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Hmmmm, You have a 120K + car. You know of custom cars, and you've been there. Their work is second to none. I wouldn't want to look for the "best price" for my 120k car when the cost there is reasonable yet the quality is s u p e r b.

I had a cheap bodyshop paint my Crook wing, and my Crook wing had waves and ripples (though I thought it was supposed to be like that due to the material) - When custom cars reshot that Crook wing, it looked like black glass. Also, not all cars are perfect and orangepeel-less - Custom cars matches the orange peel to your factory paint job. Best of all, these guys are FAST. They also put the car / parts on a rotiserrie to make sure all sides are even. Like I said, second to none. But if you are looking for a Chevy bodyshop on your PORSCHE.......think again my friend!

I am **** when it comes to paintwork on my car, and The slightest ripple bothers me. I used to be worried about stone chips and scrapes.....with Custom Cars a half hour away, I am worry free, as I"d have them reshoot my nose like factory or better! I sound like a spokesman for them, but I get no cut out of promoting them. INfact I am not promoting, rather just ranting and raving of their quality and peace of mind for the customer that they bring.

-RS
I have seen their work and no doubt they are one of the best if not the best around. There is no doubting that. The only thing I sway on is that if a body shop is even decent, they should be able to shoot a front lip spoiler and rear wing without too much trouble. It seems to be such an easy job, that is why I was wondering about other shops that may be able to do it for 1/2 the price and 95% of the quality. Not like I am restoring a vintage car where the difference between work would be so visable. Then again, I have seen body shops paint parts and the paint has waves and fish eyes etc. To be honest, the price Dino gave me was great, I thought it would be much more. It is a very fair price and I won't have to worry whatsoever about the end product. Now that end of June thing we're going to have to discuss with him

Lou