996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Every day super cars!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Nice pictures, even better gathering. How were the temps that day?
Nothing too bad, in the 5-7 celsius range.

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Kaizu: Do you know the brand of the wheels in the black Porsche right next to yours in that first picture? I've never seen that particular flavor before and I really like them.
They are stock 996 GT3 mk2 wheels. You can get them also in TT and GT2 fitment from e.g. www.carnewal.com

Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
Is that a real 993 GT2?? Stunning car either way..
Not a real one. Still it is with +500hp etc...

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
More pics of the 993 GT2 and the M6 please.
I doubt I have any good pics of the 993 but here's some of the M6:

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Would love to see the red 996TT with gold wheels too.
I'm not a photographer at all Anyway it's a 996TT with Aerokit and 19" BBS Racing's as well as the EVO GT700 package...

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Any more pictures of the Carrera White 997 Turbo that sports the Techart kit with the oem 19"s ?
The car has a Terracotta interior from Porsche Exclusive. Wheels and suspension are OEM. It has Techart kit but the front lip is stock, painted white (good for daily driving.) As you can see from here:

Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
If you dont mind me asking, how much more are you paying for cars in Finland?
I always find that stuff interesting.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Anyone know the name of the blue color on the 997TT?

Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
nice pics!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Kaizu,

Excellent pics as usual! Thanks for sharing.

Glad to see you guys are truly enjoying those beauties.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Landjet
Anyone know the name of the blue color on the 997TT?
Cobalt blue, the same car (6speed member name: ESu) here:

Originally Posted by Prince Ced
If you dont mind me asking, how much more are you paying for cars in Finland?
I always find that stuff interesting.
Well we don't want to tell...

No matter the model type, the car tax in Finland is the same %, for example a 997 Turbo without options is here over $322k with the current rates...

Actually just today the goverment has made a new car taxation, which takes emissions into account so it won't get cheaper with gasoline-powered sports cars... (at least cars with low emissions will cost a bit less then...)

But we enjoy them, and Finland isn't that bad country*

This year we've done everything from little autocrosses to air field runs and autobahns....still my personal favorite is the Nordschleife...

* Something from Google with the search word "Finland ranked":

- Finland ranked the least corrupt country
- Finland, the small Scandinavian nation, boasts the world's "most competitive" economy, beating the United States and fellow Scandinavian Sweden for top honors, according to a survey by the World Economic Forum
- Finland ranked as the uncontested leader of mobile phone usage
- The nation had high scores for judicial independence, property rights and the absence of crime and corruption.

....but I would still want to live in Sweden!! Cheaper cars and more beautiful women there!!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 AM
**** FINLAND AND THE GOVERMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Assumed NEW CAR TAXATION = New 997TT price:

266,706.00 EUR

=

386,014.39 USD

Old 11-02-2007, 05:27 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Wow, no matter how greedy I sometimes think our government in the US is, they are mere amateurs compared to this. That is totally ridiculous. I guess you'll be keeping the car you have if that is the case. May be cheaper to buy a car in the US and have it shipped over if you can get around the import duty. A friend of mine recently sold his 993 to a guy in Denmark because of the price difference. The new 997 Turbo here is about $160,000.

Last edited by landjet; 11-02-2007 at 05:31 AM.