996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

VF-Engineering Stage 2 Supercharged M3 vs. Stage 2 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:04 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drewTT
LOL, yeah m3 drew is a predator....
Yeah, he's got a beast of an M...Drew's driving skills + VFE blower + good gearing = watch out...

Old 11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
Wow, multiple runs, daylight, surface streets, how do you guys stay out of jail? That M3 really flies! I miss the instant head snap of a belt driven supercharger.

Jeff
We know the right people...

Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Interesting for sure.... Wish I could have ran some with my old turbo, my turbo was way faster then my ex M3, BUT yours should be on another level from my M, things have progressed a great deal since then!

How do you know this? Did you get track times for both or did you run them against each other? Or are you just talking about the way it felt in the seat? Was your M3 ever running correctly?

Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
How do you know this? Did you get track times for both or did you run them against each other? Or are you just talking about the way it felt in the seat? Was your M3 ever running correctly?
Out of all people why do you always feel the need to quote me? LOL, relax buddy!

My M3 was indeed running correctly after several changes (MAF sensor, plugs 2x, coilpacks), when I did the 60-130 video and then of my Porshe Turbo too, I even sent you the one of the M3 (2nd time around) a long time ago, and it dyno'd over 460 whp once the tuning was re-done (was running very rich when dyno'd in Washington, then retuned I was told)

Never took any of the car's down the 1/4 mile although my attempt was made with the turbo, but I was out of luck without a fire suit and so on as I posted a longggg time ago when i went with my friend Dimitrios and his SC'd Viper (damn time flies, over a a year ago with it)

As you may have read and saw some pic's on a while ago, I got into DE's a good deal and that's where my heart has been, straight line thrills I don't care for anymore except the occasional Jones Beach pulls (which I did once this summer compared to all Summer with my M3) Just not worth it anymore especially being in the law field, too risky and dangerous for me!

Last edited by iLLM3; 11-04-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Out of all people why do you always feel the need to quote me? LOL, relax buddy!

My M3 was indeed running correctly after several changes (MAF sensor, plugs 2x, coilpacks), when I did the 60-130 video and then of my Porshe Turbo too, I even sent you the one of the M3 (2nd time around) a long time ago, and it dyno'd over 460 whp once the tuning was re-done (was running very rich when dyno'd in Washington, then retuned I was told)

Never took any of the car's down the 1/4 mile although my attempt was made with the turbo, but I was out of luck without a fire suit and so on as I posted a longggg time ago when i went with my friend Dimitrios and his SC'd Viper (damn time flies, over a a year ago with it)

As you may have read and saw some pic's on a while ago, I got into DE's a good deal and that's where my heart has been, straight line thrills I don't care for anymore except the occasional Jones Beach pulls (which I did once this summer compared to all Summer with my M3) Just not worth it anymore especially being in the law field, too risky and dangerous for me!
Dude it was just a question... I would love to see this dyno of your M3, i've been asking for it for 2 years or so (i know your going to say ask someone else). The lackluster argument is pointless. You can say your old Porsche was faster then your old M3 all you want but i know thats not the case if your M3 was indeed running correctly.

I dont really care what type of racing you do, you chimed in on an acceleration race so it looks like you have some interest in it.

Again this was just a simple question regarding the statement you made.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
Dude it was just a question... I would love to see this dyno of your M3, i've been asking for it for 2 years or so (i know your going to say ask someone else). The lackluster argument is pointless. You can say your old Porsche was faster then your old M3 all you want but i know thats not the case if your M3 was indeed running correctly.

I dont really care what type of racing you do, you chimed in on an acceleration race so it looks like you have some interest in it.

Again this was just a simple question regarding the statement you made.
Well put it this way, what is the correct definition of "running correctly or normal" ?? Its very hard to say, since there are so many little minute things off that can change something the slightest bit, but then its not "normal" anymore per se.

My M3 was on and off for a while, after the MAF sensor it was GREAT, then just figured to change everything since running the leaded race gas hurt a few things on the car! Plugs were shot and so on!

I have a pic of the m3 on a dyno, I DID NOT DYNO IT, I don't know what to tell you! You can call up Dan at VIP and ask, only way to find out for sure. But I assume it wasnt running anywhere near it was with a new and improved tune, but was still runing great when I sold it compared to the first few months of building it!

And it was just plain and simple, in the M3 it was decievingly fast yes, look down at the speedo and you are way up in triple digits in a 3rd gear highway pull, but my Turbo simply pulled up to those triple digits way faster then the M3! From 50-120 or w/e its a crap shoot for sure, I can see now how it may be driver and so on depending on the outcome!

Last edited by iLLM3; 11-04-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:51 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
Yeah, he's got a beast of an M...Drew's driving skills + VFE blower + good gearing = watch out...
Thx Brotha!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting for sure.... Wish I could have ran some with my old turbo, my turbo was way faster then my ex M3, BUT yours should be on another level from my M, things have progressed a great deal since then!
You gotta run Jackson Bro!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
very nice m3...

Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Driver or not, Drew's M3 is fast and I would bet on it vs any stage 2 TT. With that said, I'm cookin' something up for him.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by drewTT
nice job Drew, you got him...
We missed you Bro, just ain't the same without ya! Next time Brotha.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
Driver or not, Drew's M3 is fast and I would bet on it vs any stage 2 TT. With that said, I'm cookin' something up for him.
Thx Andre, but on a race fuel file I think you guys might just get me, Dive's Stage 2 would have for sure. You down for a trip up to Sacramento raceway?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
M3 is modestly fast...perfect dd, but the Porsche still has those itty bitty k16's. I would love to have a FI M3 but they are simply not worth the price.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:29 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Martin (USCTrojanMan29 ) and I did a bunch of pulls, these were the best one's, some runs were closer than others. Gotta say I was very happy as with the results! Not to mention Martin's TT is a RWD conversion beast! Good times.

Thanks for the runs Brotha!

Here's the vids, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qukOiCjJU8
Nice runs bro!! And like Onetime said, stop picking on the stg 2s now

Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Thank you Bone Doc, Drew is a bully. Good thing I left my lunch money at home.
Dr. J, you're right, Drew is taking advantage of us. I think he gets some perverted pleasure out of thumping cars that, when new, cost twice as much. I'm not mad at him though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering Stage 2 Supercharged M3 vs. Stage 2 996TT