996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
WOW a thread about ME!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! lol... I just got home friends!!! Ive got VIDEO!!! YEY!!! and TIMESLIPS!!!!!!!!! lol....let me do a little editing for viewing pleasure....dont worry wont spend too much time on it!!! ill probs only give you 5 runs or something to start.>!!! ALL 10's.... lol.... Im sooo excited!!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Wow lots of ?'s about weight etc etc...
HERES the scoop!!!
markskis right ... well almost.. Im 5'5 and 235-240.... I know i know.. I dont lift light at gym....so.... lol.... so that settles that.... then....
I took out the rear carpet from the ECU back..
I still have the rear seats IN and all in front of them IN!!...
I took out the spare tire and tools.
I took out my passenger seat...
I am running 452 falkens!! 275 rear..I know..its a 10 inch rear rim..sux.... i want the T/A rim!!! hint hint??? anyone??? oh and hehehhe.... 22psi... 19's YES!!!
I left my house with 3/4 full tank to get there, arrived with a strong 1/4 weak half... lol... however you want to look at it!
I fooled around with boost around the 1.30-1.34 range AFR's 12.9's ouchy!!!
temps were today around 44 or so... about 5/7 C....
I played around with launches ... shift points... and even got into 5th on one run....huh?? I know..>!!! hmmmm did I forget anything???

Last edited by DMaffo; 11-04-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DMaffo
... hmmmm did I forget anything???
Yeah... what ecu tune is this on, and what are you using to mess around with boost? Those are some impressive ET's and extremely impressive MPH.

I am seriously considering an ECU software change (currently FVD Stg4) and would really like to know what you're running.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Yeah,

You are a better driver than most of us (obviously).
(the part you left out^)
That should pretty much cover what can be done with K24/18g's.
Nice driving Dmatto, wow. You are all-wheel drive on street tires!!
NO ONE has done this in a 6 speed with minimal mods. Pretty interesting
and yeah Joe, S-351 and I were practicing our launches the other day and I learned
a little something. I will run a ten in the spring when the tracks open back up.
(In other words with the power I have I must be lame at the 1/4 mile because my
car should be able to do it easy in the right set of hands).

MK

Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I AM INCREDIBLY FLATTERED... Honest.. you guys make me feel awesome.. I have sooo much passion for driving and try to hear what my car wants or needs as much as I can, so that I can squeeze every ounce of juice out of it....
believe it or not, it ran much better on lower boost settings than higher... with good fuel I was told higher 1.35's..1.37's..maybe a 1.4...but...didnt hit my best et's nor MPH doing that.... it all comes to feeling her...
Thank you so much!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Yeah,

You are a better driver than most of us (obviously).
(the part you left out^)
That should pretty much cover what can be done with K24/18g's.
Nice driving Dmatto, wow. You are all-wheel drive on street tires!!
NO ONE has done this in a 6 speed with minimal mods. Pretty interesting
and yeah Joe, S-351 and I were practicing our launches the other day and I learned
a little something. I will run a ten in the spring when the tracks open back up.
(In other words with the power I have I must be lame at the 1/4 mile because my
car should be able to do it easy in the right set of hands).

MK
Marty,its not the driving ,1.8 60 ft is very good especially on 19"street tires,but it is not a record breaking 60 ft.I am sure DMaffo can row the gears but his mph is on par with yours and really shouldn't be .........unless he is very light.My point is it is great driving for street tires but compared to other dr equipped cars it isn't so there is room for improvement .Hell if it is stock weight and he strips it,goes rwd and puts dr's on it he has a shot at the 9's...........Go DMaffo!

Old 11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Wow, very impressive times/traps DMaffo, but I am a bit confused... why is your car sooo much faster than other cars that i've seen with the same kit?

BTW, are these times/traps corrected? And what's the elevation of that track?

Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
damn, that's flying! nice 60ft too.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DMaffo
WOW a thread about ME!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! lol... I just got home friends!!! Ive got VIDEO!!! YEY!!! and TIMESLIPS!!!!!!!!! lol....let me do a little editing for viewing pleasure....dont worry wont spend too much time on it!!! ill probs only give you 5 runs or something to start.>!!! ALL 10's.... lol.... Im sooo excited!!
Hey man you are a STAR now!!! You have gone places others have only managed to aspire too-- and truly memorable moments when you are the first there are not forgotten easily.
Well done- and I hope the plaudits here now make up for some of the previous c.... you got when you first came here.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:35 AM
it wasnt easy..... plus every gear I banged into I was ..Oh goodness ...please dont miss.....!! lol.. But all in all welll worth the efforts.. I feel incredible having done this... with the set up I do have. Thank you so much for yur kind words! I do feel pretty cool..even at track ppl were comming around and asking all kinds of stuff.... I am so impressed with the car.!!! lol.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
Wow, very impressive times/traps DMaffo, but I am a bit confused... why is your car sooo much faster than other cars that i've seen with the same kit?

BTW, are these times/traps corrected? And what's the elevation of that track?
Isnt this the same setup Scott had and he ran some very fast 10's?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
dont know what Scott has!! ??

Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Elevation... well its cayuga raceway... so.. its in ontario.... CANADA...
car faster than.... hmmm dont know on that one either... IT jsut runs well..plus i do give it hard... I could leave my tranny on strip if not careful...lucky.. you chose... theres an in car vid I posted... watch it.... lol...

Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
robmd99- I think Scott was running the 700 kit.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Rob,
Scott ran the 700 kit with RWD and 18"s BF goodrich drag radials.
Dmaffo did these runs on 19's with street tires and AWD with the 600 hp kit

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.