996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
Wow, very impressive times/traps DMaffo, but I am a bit confused... why is your car sooo much faster than other cars that i've seen with the same kit?

BTW, are these times/traps corrected? And what's the elevation of that track?
Since when do we correct time slips. The reson that he is faster then most others is becasue he listened to me more then the the others
Honestly, he set out to do a 10 and put time and effort into it. I knew that kit does it becasue its been doen before... just not by a 6 pseed member.
Now, if he has some 17 inch rims with MT drag radials he probably would get even a getter ET.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Since when do we correct time slips. The reson that he is faster then most others is becasue he listened to me more then the the others
Honestly, he set out to do a 10 and put time and effort into it. I knew that kit does it becasue its been doen before... just not by a 6 pseed member.
Now, if he has some 17 inch rims with MT drag radials he probably would get even a getter ET.
markski
I know times arent usually corrected, I only brought that up bc in his last vid with the 11.0x pass there was the word CORRECTED in there.

Aside from that GREAT runs, very impressive, and props to you for helping him out.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
not that i know anything about drag racing, but why would a 17" wheel be faster than an 18 or 19?

Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyYellow
not that i know anything about drag racing, but why would a 17" wheel be faster than an 18 or 19?
becasue you can put on MT drag tires and get a launch / hook up from the line....
here check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rETttXPn5o

click to view

Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBF6fLnQq4
Love this video... who were you talking to in this video? They really seemed to like your car and was wondering what they did with there car? What did they say? "holly shiet" etc.. hmmm no lag just violence :-)
Cheers
R

Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
thats my car

click to view

Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Ummm can you stop showing off in my thread mr.... no one wants to know anything about your gazzilion hp punch buggy ok!!! I think we should go back and talk about my car!!! lol..... YOU ARE too darn fast for your own good.... !! wish i could feel em turbos in yoru ride!!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Rob,
Scott ran the 700 kit with RWD and 18"s BF goodrich drag radials.
Dmaffo did these runs on 19's with street tires and AWD with the 600 hp kit
Actually, I was only making around 665 crank HP (580 rwhp) on my 10.6 @ 136 run @ 1.3 BAR.

Considering the trap speeds/times that DMaffo just ran with AWD and street tires on 19's, it looks like he's probably making just as much power as I was...regardless of which "kit" he's using.

His car is very strong.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Hello Scott! um yur car is tooo damn fast too>... you guys with your 800 plus cars man.... geesh.... sub 5 second 60-130 pulls I mean com'on... just when you think you are quick.... some dude on 6 speed comes along and blows you out of the water.... lol... thnk you for the list thing.... btw.. its supposed to snow.....yikes... so I think my 1/4 trials are done for the year... i gotta see what I can do about my 60fts.. if I better that I should knock a bit off the end! this gets kinda crazy doesnt it?? lol..

Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Lovely numbers DMaffo! Congrats.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanx Alex!! every shift I was praying..... !! lol....

Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Killer numbers DMaffo! Congrats!

Mike

Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 AM
thnks Mike! wish we had better weather here so I could go all year...!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
No Kidding. Our local track shut down for the year last long weekend. I can't wait untill the spring to try and get better at this 1/4 thing. Sounds like slamming through the gears FAST makes a big difference.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Mark-
He didn't just call your sled a "punch buggy" did he!!!! You guys crack me up.
Great job Dio, congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.