996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
man oh man! guys he ripped down the track! whatever he has in his car doesnt matter. THis dude took 20 passes that ranged from 10.8-11.53 Kudos to you man. My clutch and tranny would have fallen out after 20 passes. You have done well man... Keep it up but I would do injectors and a re-tune to be safe. Who knows... maybe ull trap 140 with that set up. Remember guy 40 degree weather is like Nitrous for our cars and if Todds program doesnt pull timing like GIAC does I totally see this happening.

S

Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
one big difference i did notice was in the shift points on the run. same evrything but taking it frmo 6500 6500 6200 was slower than 6500 6200 6000 runs consistently then i did some 6200 6000 6000 and tried that with same boost etc etc .... I am talking about 5 10 second passes ALL DONE WITH 6500 6200 combo.... none were acheived in the higher rpm band except when i got to end of track where IM in 4th at very HIGH rpm. I even did a 10.98 pass on the video yu saw where I actually banged 5th coz i thought it was nec.... early shift points does AND MADE a diff....
then the speed shifting.... well... once again its not so much as the time I save on the shift compared to some better or worse than me.... ITS THE BOOOOOOOST I maintain that is key.... the faster im in and out...the more the car remains in that sweet spot.. I speed shift too slow i bang my rev limiter and drop my rpms once i let go..therefore theres a surge in the boost again... as opposed to a straight sweep fulll on.. the in car vid shows alot even in its poor quatlity vid...state.... you can actually almsot feel its boost on high all the way... no real drop in boost.. its the way the rpms sound... can some1 please help me explain this......

Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
YEAH the beating did take a toll....my powersteering spit out sooo much fluid and the front resvoir for clutch did too... I think Ive got a hick up in my system.. I mean its been sweating for a while in front and ive ignored...but that day it was all over my engine bay and oozing down my rear bumper.... had to fill it up agian... I HAD p-fluid as I had already been filling for a bit... pensolin or something like that.... so yeah... did get soem trouble... 20 passes... THATS ALOT!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
There will really be some discussion if DMaffo can get some 17" MT's on the car and pull a 1.5 or 1.6 - 60' He could be the first to run a 10.5 on a 600 package

Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
sounds like a challenge.... sounds llike a montain I should be the first to climb!!! hmmmm..... I wish the weather was better...... so its ok if i use 17's... i dont want to hear after I cheated somehow coz of the rim choice... I HAVE dont everything is street trim except for gas..... so far.... no strings attatched....

Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Bobby ran a 10.4 with a full blown k24/18g set up on 17s with MTs and RWD... I believe that was in the 136s...I can get the slip ..... I agree with KPG that his car and style of driving is NOT representative of an average proto kit user.
That is why I never chose to disclose this info.
Someone asked... if this is a 650 kit.... honestly, I never knew one even existed. This kit is based off of a k24/18g turbo, stock fuel system with a 5 bar FPR... the rest is up to you. You like headers, after market intakes, hoses, etc.... it's your call.
markski
Well can we agree that DMaffo's car is making more than 600hp(crank)....no matter how it was done whether he is pushing 1.7bar,or1.3 bar and the car was maybe built on a Wedensday,LOL.Another thing I find interesting is that he was able to keep traction in 40 degree temps on street tires while powershifting......I tried that once at E-town(GT700) and nearly changed the paint scheme on my car.I find the discussion interesting nonetheless.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Yes on that day I figure he was more lilke 650 hp. but no such proto kit exists... thats just a HP number.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
i think boss was standing next to guys on assembly line.... plus i think they were all sober on weds...!!
I love this thread... so many things keep pop'n up!!!
How about i hit the 10.50's and i get a fuel upgrade/with hard pipe kit donation going!!! lol..... i think its fair!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM
traction... YEAH... I know... I can feel it slippin but managed to go straight... some of the other footage i have you can even hear the 4th gear chirp !!! so AWD saved the day!!! one plus for AWD!! lol...

Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Rasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really nice
Yeah, first post! Took awhile to get on but I am pumped now. Sick run Maffo just sick

Old 11-08-2007, 05:00 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Dmaffo thanks for your detail explaination! BTW can anyone explain what is speed shifting?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Rasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really nice
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Dmaffo thanks for your detail explaination! BTW can anyone explain what is speed shifting?
pretty simple....NEVER, NEVER take your foot of the throttle, just push in the clutch and shift like your transmissions life depends on it- it does! hard on equipment but effective.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:25 AM
LMAO..... I love that explanation.... !!! It pretty much sums it up... I am praying all the way down the track...confess'n all my sins.... Seriously.... you are sooooo focused coz you are well aware one mili second could potentially cost you a months salary!!! lol... so.>!!! GREAT DETAILS....rasputin !!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Rasputin
pretty simple....NEVER, NEVER take your foot of the throttle, just push in the clutch and shift like your transmissions life depends on it- it does! hard on equipment but effective.
I see. When I drive my car for quarter mile or 0~1000 meters tests, I do the same thing just don't know that is speed shift in English. Thanks Rasputin!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by DMaffo
LMAO..... I love that explanation.... !!! It pretty much sums it up... I am praying all the way down the track...confess'n all my sins.... Seriously.... you are sooooo focused coz you are well aware one mili second could potentially cost you a months salary!!! lol... so.>!!! GREAT DETAILS....rasputin !!!
DMaffo have you tried out the 60~130mph yet? Please share your result if you do! TKS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW- The crazy Canadian runs 10.8 @133+ mph.