996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
All of this power is making my lil blue porsche scared.....

Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Rob do you still have the porsche? When will it be ready?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Paulie
I was thinking about bringing it buy your car wash... do you have someone who can detail it? It has no swirls!!! I would like to keep it that way? Maybe when the weather is good we could run it against the black GT800? Still waiting on approval from Akram

Old 12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Rob, your car is the "imaginary Porsche" in Houston, TX!!!! We've all seen pictures, we've all heard about it, but no one has seen it in person! Will you bring it to the February 60 to 130 event???
Peter

Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by houstonT
Rob, your car is the "imaginary Porsche" in Houston, TX!!!! We've all seen pictures, we've all heard about it, but no one has seen it in person! Will you bring it to the February 60 to 130 event???
Peter
It does exist. I've seen it (and driven it). Rob has the patience of Job. His problem is that he cannot leave well enough alone. Each time he gets his car back (with more power), less time elapses before he returns it for even more power. If things continue at their current rate, he will have his completed car for 15 minutes before he hands it over...and it will be 72 months until he sees it again.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:22 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
LOL, nice!!!!!!!! Rob, get the car done, and come bring it out and run it! That's what you built it for...
Peter

Old 12-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Peter
Fortunately; my car is NOT my life, it is a hobby that I like to drive once in a while. I have several hobbies that are more intertaining but I do make appearances at HPD events once in a while. My friends know my car well and a few have driven it. Currently, I am moving into my new house which is taking up most of my free time. Hmm I really dont do any official times in the car but if you like to see it in action no problems. I have raced a couple of the big boys from HPD but that is about it. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.
HAVE A BOOSTED CHRISTMAS
ROBERT

Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Alright guys/gals, it's 1/1/08 and we're not even close to the 40 that we need for TWS. If by 1/15/08 (the deadline) we do not have 40 signed up, we will move to plan B (plan B is a different track that is not as expensive at TWS). Plan B will require 25 signed up/payed by 2/1/08. If we do not have that, the Road Racing/Driver's Education will be cancelled and TX2K8 will turn into a 3-day event. Of course this will affect everything including the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition...

Peter

Old 01-01-2008, 07:00 PM
That is very nice Rob. Same goes for me, I have put 300 miles on my car in the past year. I hope your car makes it to the 2/9/08 60 to 130 event.
Peter

Originally Posted by robmd99
Peter
Fortunately; my car is NOT my life, it is a hobby that I like to drive once in a while. I have several hobbies that are more intertaining but I do make appearances at HPD events once in a while. My friends know my car well and a few have driven it. Currently, I am moving into my new house which is taking up most of my free time. Hmm I really dont do any official times in the car but if you like to see it in action no problems. I have raced a couple of the big boys from HPD but that is about it. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.
HAVE A BOOSTED CHRISTMAS
ROBERT

Old 01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Hurry up and register people. I know I won't be at the road race event due to my class schedule this semester and I'm hoping that I can make it out on Friday for the dyno day (got to make sure I don't get scheduled to goto any customers). The rest of the event I'm planning on being there even if its just to spectate. I want to compete in the 60-130 event in my car, but not sure if my new setup is going to be ready to go by then.. I know Matt will be ready for 60-130 though for sure.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like I might be able to make it this year. All my crap is too slow for this event! Look like you are going to make me have to get a two car trailer to haul a couple of cars down there.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tblackj
Looks like I might be able to make it this year. All my crap is too slow for this event! Look like you are going to make me have to get a two car trailer to haul a couple of cars down there.
Make them faster.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ford GT and 997 TT too slow? Please, you should do very well. What you might lack in raw hp you will make up on the track.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Ford GT and 997 TT too slow? Please, you should do very well. What you might lack in raw hp you will make up on the track.
I was thinking Atom on the track and 997tt for playing at night...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, I am out. Peter, that is Easter weekend? Dude, all of us family guys have to be home! That sucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing