996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Chris,

Jamie has about 165 HP on me, but I am not afraid to lose...I have taken plenty of beatings in my life.

It will be worth it to make Jamie have dinner w/ me
Ok, deal. I'll figure out a way to get the Vette down there.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Sounds interesting??? I will be there just for the show... and ofcourse to repressent H town!!!!! People better not come to H town with there A game!
Vipers, Supras and a lil blue porsche just waiting to some action :-)
Have Boosted new Year
R
I'll bring my A game anyway...and run you after Shawn.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I'll bring my A game anyway...and run you after Shawn.
Whats done to the vette? Just wondering I wish I had that kinda of wheel hp

Old 01-03-2008, 10:06 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Big Bottle of No2...

Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Sweet, me to but not 8XXrwhp worth

Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'd be interested to see how Jamie's 60-130 will compare to Matt's 60-130. Matt should be making the same power as Jamie when we put the new fogger on. I think the gearing is different between the two and weight should be the same (Matt will have his roll bar by then hopefully). It'll be interesting to see which gearing is better, but I'm going to be the new Z06 maybe a little better for that even.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
This sounds like a blast guys... Jamie's car will run hard and Jamie knows how to drive, so Sean, be ready! Nothing like dinner with your buddy afterwards! LOL

Rob - get your car ready, it will have more street action that weekend than it's had in the last 5 years!

Peter

Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
I'd be interested to see how Jamie's 60-130 will compare to Matt's 60-130. Matt should be making the same power as Jamie when we put the new fogger on. I think the gearing is different between the two and weight should be the same (Matt will have his roll bar by then hopefully). It'll be interesting to see which gearing is better, but I'm going to be the new Z06 maybe a little better for that even.
I don't know Matt or anything about his car, but glad to do some roll-on's for comparison sake. Sounds like fun. We didn't do anything crazy with the Z, just a bottom end built, ported heads, and a 200 two stage - 50 plate and 150 dp. We ran out of time last month trying to get the a/f right with both stages, so for Tx roll racing I'm going just going to jet the dp to 200. We'll dial in the two stage for the track later.

Whose Porsche is going to step up and knock out a domestic sprayed V8? Scott, you better bring your car!!! I think your set-up may just do it!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I think only Scott or Mark have a chance. Vettes really put the power down you gotta admit.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmmm
I will be their Huckleberry
Have A Boosted New Year
R

Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Just got another 2 for the road racing and finally a Supra willing to step up to the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition!
Peter

Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I think only Scott or Mark have a chance. Vettes really put the power down you gotta admit.
Actually it's the opposite. My Supra was able to hook better than the Vette on the street.....granted I was running 15" MT ET Streets and had to do burn-outs before I ran....but the Vette just rips the 18" 345 BFG DR's off through 3rd gear, even with the softer 08 rear shocks and warm tires. But I didn't like running MT ET Streets everywhere. To be fair, I think any car making near 900 ft lbs of instant torque is going to have the same problem running low profile 18"s. The GT2 on 325 DR's hooked like a motherf*cker though from a slow roll.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean, like Jamie said its the 900rwtq that doesn't work well with traction. With Matt's (Lil Powell) car it literly laid solid black marks down the Westpark toll road until the top of 4th gear on the n2o. That was only with 8xxrwtq and he was on 26x11.5" ET-Streets with less than 20psi. We haven't tried to spray the car on the street since he put the HAL's on the car. It did help it hook up on the street on motor on ET-Streets.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
As Jamie said.......you have to put LOTS of heat into the tires to get them to hook 900 rwtq. Jamie, with the vette, are you doing the same NHRA style burnouts before doing a run?
Peter

Old 01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
All these 4 and 5sec 60-130 cars are making me jealous I just want to get into the 6s! I'll be happy with that LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing