996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
As Jamie said.......you have to put LOTS of heat into the tires to get them to hook 900 rwtq. Jamie, with the vette, are you doing the same NHRA style burnouts before doing a run?
Peter
No, I was just doing rolling 1st gear burn-outs. I was getting some heat in them though....at 20 psi hot. At 28 psi, it's hopeless. The neighboorhood kids love my rolling burn-outs though

But that was a month ago. It's been sitting in the garage up on jackstands for the past month and won't come down until Tx

Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Jamie, LOL, sounds good buddy... I can't wait to see that beast, and I want a ride!!!!
Peter

Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Just signed up another 996TT in the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition and the RR!!!
Peter

Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Getting ready for TX2K8 while car is stored:

I just recd my "Top Secret" tire/wheel combo today and Protomotive has
some goodies coming for me next week. Should be lots of fun, and I hope more
Porsche guys come, the more the better I say and we can all meet each other and go out for some Texas steaks and such.

Marty K.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Actually it's the opposite. My Supra was able to hook better than the Vette on the street.....granted I was running 15" MT ET Streets and had to do burn-outs before I ran....but the Vette just rips the 18" 345 BFG DR's off through 3rd gear, even with the softer 08 rear shocks and warm tires. But I didn't like running MT ET Streets everywhere. To be fair, I think any car making near 900 ft lbs of instant torque is going to have the same problem running low profile 18"s. The GT2 on 325 DR's hooked like a motherf*cker though from a slow roll.

why don't you just do 100mph punches....

Old 01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Strange thing happened...I just got a check from Sean (Dr. Jitsu) for the road racing, transponder and the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition.

Sean, is there something you want to tell the community about yourself? Sending a HAPPILY MARRIED STRAIGHT MAN a check with that "memo", well, that simply raises questions about you my friend! Is there something you need to share with your extended family here at 6speed?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Rofl!!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dammit Peter ...you know how jealous Paulie is going to get now!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Dammit Peter ...you know how jealous Paulie is going to get now!

Old 01-05-2008, 06:18 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
If you want a Happy Ending ,Peters sensual massage is the way to go.I remember Sean saying its a weekly event.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Paul, and all this time I thought you were going to keep quiet about the "Car Wash" business... Should it read "Sensual Wash" instead?
Peter

Old 01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hahahaahahahah

Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Very good Peter.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, now I might come down for the Thursday night and Friday night fun.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Thomas, you need to make it for the Saturday event too! Have your car enclosed back home and fly back that night!
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing