996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
It's 1/8 and we need another 14 paid by 1/15/08 for TWS! Get your entry in if you're planning on running!
Peter

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I just recd my "Top Secret" tire/wheel combo today and Protomotive has
some goodies coming for me next week. Should be lots of fun, and I hope more
Porsche guys come, the more the better I say and we can all meet each other and go out for some Texas steaks and such.

Marty K.
Marty
I know of 6 people with GT35 on there 996 turbos or will have them placed prior to Tx2K ... hmm are you the 7? I hope everyone makes it out to Tx2K! Once again, if there is any housing shortage, I will allow those few unfortunate to crash at my place.
Cheers
R

Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Smile

After buying my tires/wheels, I will need to stay in the castle. Please reserve
my space. No GT35R's for me, I just sold the turbos I bought from Scott (GT30R's),
as they (and the motor build required to have REAL fun with them)did not fit my budget presently (or as KPG would say, Mama won't let me).

I estimate that I only need about 250 of your 7500 SQ/FT.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
After buying my tires/wheels, I will need to stay in the castle. Please reserve
my space. No GT35R's for me, I just sold the turbos I bought from Scott (GT30R's),
as they (and the motor build required to have REAL fun with them)did not fit my budget presently (or as KPG would say, Mama won't let me).

I estimate that I only need about 250 of your 7500 SQ/FT.
You can have real fun with them, but there is always a CHANCE it can explode.. Regardless it's still a ticking time bomb... eeek!!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
[quote=WOODTSTER;1591734]No GT35R's for me, I just sold the turbos I bought from Scott (GT30R's), as they (and the motor build required to have REAL fun with them)did not fit my budget presently (or as KPG would say, Mama won't let me).
/[quote]

Regarding Mama, haven't you figured it out that breaking something is the easiest pathway to acheive an upgrade?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What need means

I know, I know,

Last year at this time my wife said "didnt your car already have (come with) (2)
perfectly functional turbocharges? I got her on the "perfectly functional" part

MK

Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
MDB
MDB is infamous around these parts
Peter, is the 60-120 street tire event still open? I am driving down from NY and have to do atleast 1 event.

-Michael

Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
MDB - the 60 to 130 event is PAY AT THE GATE with no limit of cars! You will absolutely be able to participate, no problem. You can still sign up for the Road Racing/Driver's Education as well!
Peter

Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=roadsterdoc;1592240][quote=WOODTSTER;1591734]No GT35R's for me, I just sold the turbos I bought from Scott (GT30R's), as they (and the motor build required to have REAL fun with them)did not fit my budget presently (or as KPG would say, Mama won't let me).
/

Regarding Mama, haven't you figured it out that breaking something is the easiest pathway to acheive an upgrade?
Or just take a ride in a really fast Viper.. that will make you throw on some huge turbos !!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I
Whose Porsche is going to step up and knock out a domestic sprayed V8? Scott, you better bring your car!!! I think your set-up may just do it!

Jamie,

Me and my bro Peter will both be there with our TT's. His car will be making the same or even more power than mine, but will remain AWD.

Win or lose, I can't wait to run that beast of yours.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I've got mtgs in SF and NYC that month and would like to squeeze into the TWS event. The likelihood is low though

Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Jamie,

Me and my bro Peter will both be there with our TT's. His car will be making the same or even more power than mine, but will remain AWD.

Sounds great Scott! See you in 10 weeks!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
eclou - sounds like you have some schedule RE-ARRANGING to do!!!! You can't miss it this event, it's only ONCE A YEAR!!!!

Scott - I look fwd to meeting you and Peter in person!

Peter

Old 01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree with Peter... everyone needs to make some time on their busy schedule to come to this... it is well worth your time and effort. Also; for those interested, H town will have tuner shoot out next week!!!!!
R

Old 01-12-2008, 05:29 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Jamie,

I'll be the film car and drive in front of you both to get the best shot...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing