996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
1/31/08 - ONE beginner spot left.
Peter

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The Beginner class for the TWS event is FULL. I have 2 advanced spots open (2/1/08)
Peter

Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, posted this on Supraforums and wanted to make sure you all are aware of the new addition as well:

Let me start this thread by saying that every year I try to do something "new", something "different", something "more fun" than the previous year. Having said that, a new company, National Grudge Racing Championship (their website is in the final stages of development now, so look for it in early February at www.Grudge-Racing.com, or check out their Myspace page at www.Myspace.com/NGCracing) came to me with the idea of having a STREET CAR grudge race at the end of the drag day event for cash. The winner of this class will get $500 cash and will be crowned the "Grudge Racing Championship - Street Car Champion". Since this class will be at the END of the day, it will give those that were eliminated from their class earlier in the day to try again for money and a trophy.

The RULES for this class will be as follows:

This race is open to any make or model of vehicle that can meet these qualifications:

-No fuel cells allowed, must utilize OEM gas tanks (boost a pumps and fuel line alterations are ok)
-Must be on DOT approved tires (meaning street tires, drag radials or ET Streets)
-Car must be equipped with an alternator
-Car must have valid/current inspection sticker and valid license plates
-No wheelie bars allowed
- Car must have at least one passenger seat (no rear seat requirement)
-Car must have stock style suspension

The race will be ran as a HOT LAP competition. Meaning you will not have 15 minutes to cool your car down, make adjustments, etc... Run, turn around.... and if you were the victor, get right back to the line to take on the next competitor. This is a HEADS UP, drop of the arms, first one to the quarter line, single elimination, grudge race for $500 in CASH. The ladder will be made RANDOMLY and on the spot. We will call all cars in the GRUDGE RACING CHAMPIONSHIP Class to the line towards the end of the day.

You think you have the baddest street car and want to prove it? Here is your chance to take home all the bragging rights, and a nice chunk of cash to boot.

I can't wait to see what sort of participation we can get...

Peter

Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Can I just air my grudges publicly using a megaphone? I will go in alphabetical order and it should take me about 12 hours if I don't spend more than 30 seconds on each grudge.

Hmm, Blach, that should be pretty soon in terms of the list...lets see;1 Insulted my GT2 for having a leaf on the IC (screamed "thats embarrassing"),2; Calls my M3 molasses, 3; Calls me Poo Poo Platter, 4; Has to get the jump in any highway run even though his car puts down 350 more rwhp.....Ok maybe it will take more than 12 hours. I realize I have about an hours worth of grudges just for Peter.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-05-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Nothing but love Sean, you know that!
Peter

Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Can I just air my grudges publicly using a megaphone? I will go in alphabetical order and it should take me about 12 hours if I don't spend more than 30 seconds on each grudge.

Hmm, Blach, that should be pretty soon in terms of the list...lets see;1 Insulted my GT2 for having a leaf on the IC (screamed "thats embarrassing"),2; Calls my M3 molasses, 3; Calls me Poo Poo Platter, 4; Has to get the jump in any highway run even though his car puts down 350 more rwhp.....Ok maybe it will take more than 12 hours. I realize I have about an hours worth of grudges just for Peter.
how did anyone see leaf on your intercooler?...did they stick a flashlight down the side of your gt2 because i cant even see my intercooler unless im looking from the bottom of the rear vents.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 AM
I just got word from John Hennessey, owner of www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com that he will provide FREE WiFi network connections to everyone at the park for our events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you have a wireless laptop you will be able to connect and update the web (Supraforums, Houston Performance Driving, 6speedonline, LS1Tech, etc...) real time with updates, times, pics, etc...
Thanks again John, you are helping make TX2K8 better than ever before!
Peter

Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
So basically we can all talk smack to each other over the internet while we are sitting next to each other LOL!

That should help keep the people who couldn't make it to the coolest event of the year up to date on what they are missing!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu

Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
2/6/08 2:30 and Road Racing/Driver's Education is FULL. Sign-up is OFFICIALLY and FINALLY closed.
Peter

Old 02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Congrats Peter on a full event!! Good work.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Peter
Have you ever thought about trading your Supra in for a Porsche Turbo? I think you will like its "total performance". I will take you for a ride in mine if you like.. btw good work on all the events.
Cheers
R

Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Rob, yes, actually I have. I have had my heart set on one day getting a GT2 as an addition to the Supra. I would LOVE to take you up on your offer though, I call dibs on FIRST RIDE in your car!!!!!!!!!

6 weeks away from TX2K8 guys!

Peter

Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Many thanks to Darin Wyborny who has voluntarily given his time/effort to designing yet another wonderful TX2K event shirt. This is the 9th year Darin has designed the shirts and we appreciate him VERY much. Also, I would like to thank our sponsors again for everything!

These will be on sale at ALL TX2K8 events!

Last edited by houstonT; 02-11-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Hey, I see that you have Paulie's Classic Hand Job logo on the shirt....I have to have one...um, one shirt that is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing