996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I nominate Paulie Walnuts to organize a standing mile event on Wednesday.

Is Goliad available?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yup, Goliad is available. Now all you would have to do is get the manpower together, get the timing equipment together, get the insurance certificates together, put your name on the line and organize the event. I'm in and will be the first to sign up!!!!!
Peter

Old 11-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I will give you a call about it Pietro....I might try and organize the event...I will have more time after this semester.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sorry, Since Pauliewalnuts will be one of the sponsers his duties will include approving all participants. Peter we will have to review Dr jitsu due to excessive drama tendencies.

p.s this statement is all in fun and has no real truth to it except for the drama part & i will be a sponser.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Paulie, where you out driving on Hwy 59? I saw a beautiful GT2 last weekend.
R

Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Rob, I was driving on the toll road & I-45 on the way to the woodlands on sunday. I don't think i was on hwy-59 at anytime.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT

sdorn - there will not be two different events at two different locations. The only way we could do the mile is if it were on Wednesday as the first day of TX2K8. There will be a car show going on during the dyno day as well.
For some reason I was thinking you were holding this event at the same place they had the Texas Mile. That's why I suggested having it during the dyno day. But seriously, that dyno day is going to be boring as hell if all you are doing is dynoing cars and having a car show with no racing at all.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdorn
For some reason I was thinking you were holding this event at the same place they had the Texas Mile. That's why I suggested having it during the dyno day. But seriously, that dyno day is going to be boring as hell if all you are doing is dynoing cars and having a car show with no racing at all.
It's actually one of the most populated parts of the event in years past. Last year countless cars dyno'd over 1,000HP and the highest was over 1,400HP. It's more of a social gathering with these events tied in so that there is something to do and an opportunity to meet new people.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Rasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really nice
What type of weather can be expected. Kind of crazy out there at the time isnt it?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
It's actually one of the most populated parts of the event in years past. Last year countless cars dyno'd over 1,000HP and the highest was over 1,400HP. It's more of a social gathering with these events tied in so that there is something to do and an opportunity to meet new people.
It doesn't matter how many people are there, it will still be boring as hell if all you have going on is dynoing cars. At least have some test and tune or something to do. Hell, put up some skeeball machines or something. It would be just about torture to have to stand around all day with nothing to do but watch cars get dynoed.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
It doesn't matter how many people are there, it will still be boring as hell if all you have going on is dynoing cars. At least have some test and tune or something to do. Hell, put up some skeeball machines or something. It would be just about torture to have to stand around all day with nothing to do but watch cars get dynoed.
You're exactly right, it's torture to hang out and bull**** with a bunch of friends for the afternoon, so I recommend you skip the event.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
You're exactly right, it's torture to hang out and bull**** with a bunch of friends for the afternoon, so I recommend you skip the event.
Oooh, you burned me there. What is this, middle school? I was just trying to offer some suggestions to help increase attendance. He may not want to attract more people. That is completely up to him.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Oooh, you burned me there. What is this, middle school? I was just trying to offer some suggestions to help increase attendance. He may not want to attract more people. That is completely up to him.

Not a bad turnout last year.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I will be telling jokes some new Nurse jokes....watcha bringing, Jamie?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by onelove

Not a bad turnout last year.
That looks like a bunch of people standing around, bored as ****, with nothing to do!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing