996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
5 weeks left!
Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 02-14-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by houstonT
5 weeks left!
Peter
did u get the transponder thing fixed..I would rather go to MSR...

Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Joe, no, I still have no solution, but am working on it. MSR is out as I had MORE THAN 1/2 of the sign-ups vote TWS.

One of three things will occur at TWS:

1. I will have a solution and transponders and it will all work perfectly.
2. We will program driftbox units to measure lap times.
3. I will refund $50 to each person that signed up for a transponder and there will be no timing.

Obviously the LEAST desireable is #3, so let me continue to work on it.
Peter

Old 02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey guys/gals, I just spoke to John (owner of Lonestar) and we are working to get a minister to come to the track for an Easter service at 9:00 am on Sunday morning. For those of you on the fence and fearing that you will miss Easter Sunday mass, fear no more!!!
Peter

Old 02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Well...it's looking like I might actually be able to make it this year. I may have to leave before drag racing starts on Sunday, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Well...it's looking like I might actually be able to make it this year. I may have to leave before drag racing starts on Sunday, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I'm really looking forward to this.
Just as long as you can make Friday and Sat night, that's all that matters.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'm hoping not to miss those key times. I'm hoping not to be wrenching on my car on Friday night so I can be ready for Saturday's 60-130..

Where is everyone staying? Matt and I have kicked around the idea of staying in Katy at a Hotel somewhere since everything is going on over there. For us its 3hours of driving total there and back everyday, so we may make base camp closer to the track.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:26 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
You should ask Akram to give you a ride in my car.
R

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow! This sounds like fun.
Are all the entries been signed up?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Scott, you coming???????? WOOHOO! TRUST ME, once you are here, NOTHING will be motivation enough to miss the drags. You will be soooo hyped up on car nirvana that you'll just want MORE AND MORE AND MORE. You will have TX2K withdrawal for months afterwards!

Powell - read the first page!!!!! Everyone is staying at the two host hotels at B8 and Westheimer. The nicest thing about those hotels is that people are out watching the cars all night and I have a security guard patrolling the two parking lots all night each night.

Sker - the road racing/driver's ed is full. If you REALLY want to run TWS, email me at pblach@att.net and I'll see what I can do. As for ALL other events, you pay at the gate, just show up. If you can make the trip, you do NOT want to miss this!

Peter

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Reading the first page is unheard of!!!! LOL! I bet the people are going to hate us at the hotel when we roll in @ 2am in Matt's car with the cut-outs open!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Talking

Scott, if you make it, steak dinner on me!!!

I am so hopeful that you can come...we really need to settle down these Corvette guys

Marty

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
It's confirmed. I'll be able to attend but have to be back home in VA by Sunday afternoon. So I may have to leave Houston Saturday evening. I'll see how the flights look.

Man...I'm really excited about this. Can't wait to met everyone

Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Seeing all of these posts really makes me wish I could attend this year. I'm going to try and make it next year though.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's confirmed. I'll be able to attend but have to be back home in VA by Sunday afternoon. So I may have to leave Houston Saturday evening. I'll see how the flights look.

Man...I'm really excited about this. Can't wait to met everyone
Scott, is Todd bringing your car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing