996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Awww, what a shame...stuck at a ski resort.
I'm not complaing too much!!

I just wish we had time to get it all together before we left so we didn't have to rush, but Matts intake didn't show up till Thursday.

I am almost 99% sure I won't be there in my car because I'm have a lot of complications getting it together and I'm afraid if I rush it I'll end up ****ing more stuff up, but you never know. Maybe when I get home I can get a few people over and we can knock it out really quickly!

Old 03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Yeah neither one of our cars is in one piece right now and we are here in Tahoe (which is currently 22* and snowing here) just itching to get home and do some work on the cars!!!
You should have Akram work on it while you are gone.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I wish I could, but the car is at my house with no rear wheels or turbos on it right now so shes not going anywhere I don't want to ask Akram to drive down an hour+ to work on the car without a lift

My brothers car is getting taken care of by Chris E. who built my old Camaro and my brothers Vette, and hes actually coming to my house while we are gone to finish the project up. Can't get any better than that for a friend.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I'm off starting Wednesday. Call me if you need a hand.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by TXGold
I'm off starting Wednesday. Call me if you need a hand.
I'll give you a holler if I am off on Thursday. It maybe in the evening though if I'm able to work on it. Friday though is dyno day and I can't miss that!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:35 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Like he has time right now!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
Are you coming?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:35 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Guys, we are CLOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to the event! Don't forget to DL your information packet at:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/mercha...8%20packet.pdf

Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Chris
Are you coming?
Do you think I'd miss it? I'll be there in some shape or form, at least part of the time. Unfortunately the clutch is slipping when pushed and it also has a leaky slave cylinder. Akram has been too busy with somebody else's project () to get to it and I don't want to attempt the job without a lift. So it will have same old setup...I have not added any go fast goodies since you last saw it.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
I am taking off thursday and Friday for this event!!!!!!!
R

Old 03-16-2008, 09:02 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, right now, Thursday, Friday and Saturday look GREAT! The problem is that there is a 30% chance of rain on Sunday (Drag Day). It looks like a front is coming through sometime on Sunday, at this point, we don't know what time yet. My question is this:

Would it be better to Drag race on Monday (rain day) OR

Woud it be better to swap the 60-130 and Drag events (right now 60-130 is Sat and Drags is Sun)?

The 60-130 event will not take as much time and will go quicker whereas the drags will be a true all day event. Thoughts?

Peter

Old 03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
OK, right now, Thursday, Friday and Saturday look GREAT! The problem is that there is a 30% chance of rain on Sunday (Drag Day). It looks like a front is coming through sometime on Sunday, at this point, we don't know what time yet. My question is this:

Would it be better to Drag race on Monday (rain day) OR

Woud it be better to swap the 60-130 and Drag events (right now 60-130 is Sat and Drags is Sun)?

The 60-130 event will not take as much time and will go quicker whereas the drags will be a true all day event. Thoughts?

Peter
Peter I would rather do the 60-130 first because im sure im going to break at the drag event. So I would atleast like to keep it together for the 60-130 then the drag event.
Matt

Old 03-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter,

Keep the 60-130 for sat. that is the big event for many people and is what sets our event apart from others. Lots of people road course, 1/4 mile and dyno but the 60-130 is your signature event.

Plus my clutch won't be broken in until Sunday, lol.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Peter,

Keep the 60-130 for sat. that is the big event for many people and is what sets our event apart from others. Lots of people road course, 1/4 mile and dyno but the 60-130 is your signature event.

Plus my clutch won't be broken in until Sunday, lol.
How doe the triple feel? How many miles are on her? Mine is getting better, but I still only have 320 miles on her.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 AM
So far, based on the feedback I've gotten on Supraforums and Houstonperformancedriving the overwhelming response is to swap events if it rains. If there is an event swap, details will be posted on this thread on Thursday night.

Thanks!
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing