996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
mevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Powell
I'm not complaing too much!!

I just wish we had time to get it all together before we left so we didn't have to rush, but Matts intake didn't show up till Thursday.

I am almost 99% sure I won't be there in my car because I'm have a lot of complications getting it together and I'm afraid if I rush it I'll end up ****ing more stuff up, but you never know. Maybe when I get home I can get a few people over and we can knock it out really quickly!

Looks a bit different than your old one

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
FYI!!!!!!!

I have an extra room at the Crowne Plaza in Houston the 19 - 23. They wont let me cancel it. If interested, let me know. Send me a PM. It was only $110 a night.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I think this was a bad move for the Porsche community. I know there are several P cars that are interested in the 60 to 130 event, thus changing this event at a last moment does hurt in the recruitment of more P cars. But this is a Supra event, thus in the end we are only bystanders of such a great event. I cant wait, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Sincerely
Robert
Who gives a **** about the 60-130? It's a time filler for folks who are scared to run a full pass. If you want to roll race, do it on the highway. If you want to clock a time, grab a box and do it on the highway like everyone else. The Supra meet is about the drag racing!

Good move Peter. Easter really messed things up for a bunch of us, but completely unavoidable. See you later!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie
I am confused. I thought the Spring Nationals dates are Mar 28 to 30, if you are talking about 1/4!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The 60-130 is the absolute best measure of a cars true acceleration capabilities. Yes it was meant to replicate a highway roll on but to remove the stigma of irresponsible street racers by moving the event to the safety of a track. And the 60-130 is not nearly as hard on cars.

Running the 1/4 mile takes more driver skill but everyone does the 1/4 mile. What is surprising is that it has taken so long for formal organized competitions to emerge for the 60-130 event and it is really the Porsche community (rennlist and 6speed) that has been the pioneer. A lot of people give a **** about the 60-130.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I believe that the 60 to 130 is a good measure for P cars... since most of us do not drag P cars... Heck, we don't even have 2 step not launch control... most guys are awd and the few that are rwd are usually fixing the cars because something broke at the 1/4 track..
I included... LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
What is funny is 5 and 6 years ago if the 60-130 event was around the Supra owners would have LOVED it and dropped the 1/4 mile because for 2 years it was dominated by LS1 powered Vettes (SW and Stacey Barnett) Then again a lot has changed with Supra's since then.

Matt says we may come, but it sucks that we probably won't get to compete in the 60-130 because we are going to probably be broken Oh well maybe we will have a 9sec time slip to show for it.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Who gives a **** about the 60-130? It's a time filler for folks who are scared to run a full pass.
ROFL tell us how you really feel mah man... I'm too scared to do 60-130, 0-60, 1320 these days unless of course it's in China

Old 03-19-2008, 04:34 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Who gives a **** about the 60-130? It's a time filler for folks who are scared to run a full pass. If you want to roll race, do it on the highway. If you want to clock a time, grab a box and do it on the highway like everyone else. The Supra meet is about the drag racing!

Good move Peter. Easter really messed things up for a bunch of us, but completely unavoidable. See you later!
Is this question rhetorical or did you just not read the last two pages?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I too have to say that I LOVE the 60-130....hell, I've organized and put on 4 of them for NOTHING! Simply for the fun... I feel bad about the need for the schedule change but it was the right thing to do. In the end, I hope to see all of you at ALL events!!!!!
Peter

Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Peter
I think you need to take Jamie for a ride in your car when we start the 60 to 130 event... it can be quite hairy at times and I dont believe it is less dangerous than the 1/4 mile! Secondly, this is a Porsche forum which we have different taste.
Thanks Peter for starting the 60 to 130
Robert

Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
I was a bit liquored up last night coming home from my Eagles ceremony.....I am now a new member of local #5083

The 60-130 does give people a chance to run in a controlled environment, but generally speaking, it's much more fun to run and videotape 40 mph rolls on the highway. So I propose a new MPH range to record: 40-140.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Peter
I think you need to take Jamie for a ride in your car when we start the 60 to 130 event... it can be quite hairy at times and I dont believe it is less dangerous than the 1/4 mile! Secondly, this is a Porsche forum which we have different taste.
Thanks Peter for starting the 60 to 130
Robert

Thanks Robert for thinking of me, but I owned and street raced a Supra for 3 years that would put bus lengths on Peter's car....

Old 03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I hate to admit it but street racing is way up there when it comes to pure fun.

However stories of my street adventures have begun to hit my Division head (via students) and my wifes family and I am starting to take too much flak.

I promised to stop....but maybe I will come out just one more time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing