996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
glad to see faces! Appreciate the course lesson vince. We will have our car and lots of 996 parts to showoff and some steals too. I brought a ton of mechanix wear gloves to give away so come see me!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM
ekyub is infamous around these partsekyub is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Good to meet you too, ekyub,

My car was also blowing past everyone else. I was making plenty of mistakes (turning in too soon, braking too late or early) but the car is just incredible. My instructor said he kept expecting her to break loose but she just stuck like glue.

I wish I got to ride in your car. Having tracked my own 911s I bet it would fly and stick and shuck and jive.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I am really disappointed that I did not get more track time with her.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I was a bit liquored up last night coming home from my Eagles ceremony.....I am now a new member of local #5083

The 60-130 does give people a chance to run in a controlled environment, but generally speaking, it's much more fun to run and videotape 40 mph rolls on the highway. So I propose a new MPH range to record: 40-140.
40-professionals never lift... Jamie you know that

Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
GREAT first day at TWS yesterday! Great night too, had a good time running with Scott (Divexx). We had some good runs in Mexico!

See you guys soon at the dyno day...

Peter

Old 03-21-2008, 05:35 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Results from the finals of the road racing:

1. SW C6 Z06 - 1:50.1
2. Andi Baritchi - 1:53.8
3. Eric Carver C6 Z06 - 2:00.0
4. Mark Brown Supra - 2:01.2
5. Paolo Sathler Supra - 2:03.x

I will update the thread with more times when I get a chance.
Peter

Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by houstonT
Results from the finals of the road racing:

1. SW C6 Z06 - 1:50.1
2. Andi Baritchi - 1:53.8
3. Eric Carver C6 Z06 - 2:00.0
4. Mark Brown Supra - 2:01.2
5. Paolo Sathler Supra - 2:03.x

I will update the thread with more times when I get a chance.
Peter
Imagine that...congrats SW. Great car with a great driver...good to see you out last night Peter. Glad to see you back in the saddle again...

What does Andi B. drive...?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Here is a list of some of the things that I've learned here at TX2K8 thus far (in no particular order):

-Peter B. (HoustonT) really works his *** off organizing/managing this event. He deserves huge props. He also has a very fast car.

-Houston is literally THE "Mecca" for fast street cars. Bar none. The street racing scene here is phenomenal.

-Rob MD's car is no joke. I witnessed him putting the smack down to a lot of cars last night. It's very fast.

Peter and I were fortunate enough to meet quite a few 6speeders last night: Marty K (Woodster), Peter (HoustonT), Sean (Dr Jitsu), Joe (Dr Joe), Vince (Wooosh), Paulie (Paulie Walnuts). Also met Tommy Bahn and Nick Diep from the Supra world...as well as many, many others. ALL of them are awesome guys.

We came here with Todd and Cynthia Knighton; owners of Protomotive. I really can't say enough good things about these two. Absolutely tremendous people that I'm truly proud to know.

Anyway, I'm really glad I was able to make it this year. It's a heck of an experience.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:41 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
That was just the warm up! Everynight, there are more private meets with faster cars.. kind of a weeding process! See ya tonight with your beast!
Robert

Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM
ekyub is infamous around these partsekyub is infamous around these parts
Scott. Where you at TWS? I missed meeting a few board members and sponsors.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
40-professionals never lift... Jamie you know that
I used to never lift, but I do now in my Vette

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Here is a list of some of the things that I've learned here at TX2K8 thus far (in no particular order):

-Peter B. (HoustonT) really works his *** off organizing/managing this event. He deserves huge props. He also has a very fast car.

-Houston is literally THE "Mecca" for fast street cars. Bar none. The street racing scene here is phenomenal.

-Rob MD's car is no joke. I witnessed him putting the smack down to a lot of cars last night. It's very fast.

Peter and I were fortunate enough to meet quite a few 6speeders last night: Marty K (Woodster), Peter (HoustonT), Sean (Dr Jitsu), Joe (Dr Joe), Vince (Wooosh), Paulie (Paulie Walnuts). Also met Tommy Bahn and Nick Diep from the Supra world...as well as many, many others. ALL of them are awesome guys.

We came here with Todd and Cynthia Knighton; owners of Protomotive. I really can't say enough good things about these two. Absolutely tremendous people that I'm truly proud to know.

Anyway, I'm really glad I was able to make it this year. It's a heck of an experience.
Glad you're having a good time Scott. Really wish I could have made it down this year.

I want a video run of you against Rob and Peter...no excuses!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
A three some LOL

Old 03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I think that Andi B was driving Tag Marlow's Supra.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-21-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts
I heard he was in a Z06 at TWS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing