996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
sdorn - how about this...I appreciate your suggestions and comments, they are welcome. Point well taken, now please stay off the thread unless you have something else of value to add. Thanks so much.

I agree with you Wes, Paul, Sean, Jamie, etc...the dyno events are always great as you get to meet new people, catch up with old friends, see some cars belt out over 1,000 rwhp and just chill one day as the Road Racing, 60-130 and drag racing events are all HIGH PACED.

Pauliewalnuts (yellowbird) - thanks my friend, we always appreciate having you and your business sponsor the event. It's guys like you that make this event happen year after year! As for this Sean guy, yea, I agree, we need to rethink this guy, he's TROUBLE!

Peter

Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, March will truly be Madness if everyone shows up! I will thank every one in advance who will contribute to this craziness here in H town.
Robert

Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onelove
It's actually one of the most populated parts of the event in years past. Last year countless cars dyno'd over 1,000HP and the highest was over 1,400HP. It's more of a social gathering with these events tied in so that there is something to do and an opportunity to meet new people.
Mr Titan
Which car will you be bringing? I hope both
R

Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Mr Titan
Which car will you be bringing? I hope both
R
I'll be bringing my 996 (going to make the most out of a K24/18G setup), and we'll likely be bringing the Supra race car and a few other Supras.

My old Supra was sold and now resides in Ohio, the new owner is a member here.

-Wes

Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
We've been talking about a TT track day, I think we'll do VIR first, but the TX event may be something to consider for the future. I'd like two days of road racing though.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
heavy - this is a comprehensive 4-day sports car extravaganza, come join us! I PROMISE YOU that you will not regret it!

Peter

Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Heavy,

Much easier (and more logical) to go to a planned/organized event versus
some theoretical "east coast" event. Then do you planned event afterwards
Sounds like alot of fun!!

MK

Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Heavy,

Much easier (and more logical) to go to a planned/organized event versus
some theoretical "east coast" event. Then do you planned event afterwards
Sounds like alot of fun!!

MK

The east coast event isnt theoretical, it's going to happen with THSCC if we show up or not, how many people are serious about coming, is the question, not much different from this event, which will happen with or without Porsches there. I'm going to VIR regardless.

Texas will be a maybe event for me, does sound like fun though. I'm interested in seeing Leh keen go up against all the people that want to beat him, I've been following the trash talking which has already started.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT
sdorn - how about this...I appreciate your suggestions and comments, they are welcome. Point well taken, now please stay off the thread unless you have something else of value to add. Thanks so much.

So now you are a moderator? If you are going to advertise your business on a public internet forum, you are going to have to accept the constructive criticism along with the fanboys. I won't post again in this thread unless someone else makes a post aimed at me.

By the way, are you a site sponsor now? They banned WickedPorsche and he wasn't even promoting a business like you are.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Jesus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sdorn
So now you are a moderator? If you are going to advertise your business on a public internet forum, you are going to have to accept the constructive criticism along with the fanboys. I won't post again in this thread unless someone else makes a post aimed at me.

By the way, are you a site sponsor now? They banned WickedPorsche and he wasn't even promoting a business like you are.
Wow!!!! A simple -invite- to a very nice car event has turned into such a "issue"

Old 11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Bad joke...

Last edited by TXGold; 11-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
I'll be bringing my 996 (going to make the most out of a K24/18G setup), and we'll likely be bringing the Supra race car and a few other Supras.

My old Supra was sold and now resides in Ohio, the new owner is a member here.

-Wes
Wes
Will you be dropping your turbo off at Todd's prior to coming to Tx2K? Secondly, do you have just the 24/18 turbos or did you do the entire 700 package? Can't wait to meet you and see how far Titan and Protomotive can push the 996 turbo envelop?
Cheers
Robert

Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sdorn

It's a hangout. You don't have to watch cars dyno; you can walk around and check out other cars. If you want racing or test and tune, that'll happen on the other two days. This is "rest your car day and check out other cars" after beating it up all day at the roadracing event (since we are racing all day, most don't have time to catch up with old friends)....just my experience from past events. If you want skeeball, there's a chuckee cheeses down the street...

Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Sdorn,

Peter (HoustonT) has made huge contributions to the Houston and national car scene.

He has organized the Supra nats for a while now which is an absolutely fantastic event for Porsches', Supras' and all car enthusiasts. He also has organized the 60-130 competitions that have resulted in a number of the ranked cars on this web-site. While he does indeed suffer from "Porsche envy" he is a valued and important player in the scene. Plus his wife is pretty hot.

Thus I implore you to cease and desist in your deauchbaggery before you further embarrass yourself. While the dyno day is akin to ***** measurement and entails fat guys sitting on cars, it is sandwiched in with lots of actual racing and is a great social event.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 11-08-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'll be here and there just like the last 5 years. Can't wait!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing