996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Damn Sean...top 3 where Z06's...?? Sure glad no GT-R's were out there...

You and Paulie heading to Frankensteins tonite...??

Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
DJ,

The Z's are great track cars. Most importantly they were driven by very experienced road course drivers. If Sam Shalala drove my car she would run a 1:45, lol.

Yes, I am heading to Frankensteins. Paulie is getting some Protomotive lovin' (and is talking smack as usual). Hopefully his car will be ready so that I can run him tonight and put him in his place.

Jamie, I heard Peter and Scott were running pretty even.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-21-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:20 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Unofficially, I put a stop watch on the GT3 that was there for a couple of laps, 1.52's both times. But for sure, the Z's were very impressive.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Good to meet you too, ekyub,

My car was also blowing past everyone else. I was making plenty of mistakes (turning in too soon, braking too late or early) but the car is just incredible. My instructor said he kept expecting her to break loose but she just stuck like glue.
They are fantastic on the track indeed...

I did my first event of the season at VIR last weekend and was cookin' out there, I should have went from VIR to texas to join you guy's

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-21-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We might show up to Frankenstiens in the SRT8 tonight. Our tuner has had a long day and doesn't want to tune the car tonight, so we will be at the track a little late tomorrow. Hopefully will have the car on the dyno @ 8am or so.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:51 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Pullin for ya'll Chris. Gotta put down for HTown.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Holy crap 1:50 is a fantastic time. To put that into perspective that is close to what the Porsche Cup cars can run with a pro driver

Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM
mevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eclou
Holy crap 1:50 is a fantastic time. To put that into perspective that is close to what the Porsche Cup cars can run with a pro driver
That's what they were running at the PCA Club Race last weekend. I turn 2:03's in the RX-8 Granted, I've got 170whp and get drug by miatas...

I can't wait till this thread blows up - for those of thus not there enjoying the action, we can only live vicariously through ya'll via the internet!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
car back seems to be done! "GOD I HOPE" Just needs a tune and hopefully will be at the track tomarrow.
Matt

Old 03-22-2008, 11:24 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by eclou
That is a great time, what configuration were they running at TWS?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:03 PM
benchpress405 is infamous around these parts
so who was faster scott you or the supra?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:16 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
GT45 Supra (boost turned down) slightly pulled Scott from a 60-160.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
GT45 Supra (boost turned down) slightly pulled Scott from a 60-160.

Are you talking about Tyson? He's a really good dude...but a bit innacurate with his race stories. Even though I had a passenger (he didn't), I beat him the first 3 times we ran at 1.5 BAR. The last race we had I missed 4th...and he pulled. Of course that's the only race he talks about.

As far as Peter and my run, it was my very first of the night..and I was at 1.42 BAR (learned my lesson after that). To his credit; he had two people in the car...when I only had one. But it was pretty much a dead heat with him getting the nod. I promptly turned my boost up after that.

I also raced a beautiful blue TT Viper to about 180 or so. He had no passengers, I had one passenger. He got me by 3/4 of a car. That was the best race of the night in my opinion. He waxed everyone else he raced.

Those are the only clean runs I had that night that were close. All the others where I actually had time to shift to 4th I beat my opponents pretty easily.

Houston is really the place to go if you want to run very fast cars.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-22-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Are you talking about Tyson? He's a really good dude...but a bit innacurate with his race stories. Even though I had a passenger (he didn't), I beat him the first 3 times we ran at 1.5 BAR. The last race we had I missed 4th...and he pulled. Of course that's the only race he talks about.

As far as Peter and my run, it was my very first of the night..and I was at 1.42 BAR (learned my lesson after that). To his credit; he had two people in the car...when I only had one. But it was pretty much a dead heat with him getting the nod. I promptly turned my boost up after that.

I also raced a beautiful blue TT Viper to about 180 or so. He had no passengers, I had one passenger. He got me by 3/4 of a car. That was the best race of the night in my opinion. He waxed everyone else he raced.

Those are the only clean runs I had that night that were close. All the others where I actually had time to shift to 4th I beat my opponents pretty easily.

Houston is really the place to go if you want to run very fast cars.
Your new setup sounds unreal, thanks for sharing! Be safe out there guys..

Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I talked to Ty last night, Scott and he admits that you won the first 3 runs (he then immediately says that his tires were slipping).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing