996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Of course that's the only race he talks about.

That's what I always hated about that BS... There's always someone faster. Always so big deal... I remember breaking a mid 10 second Camaro off everywhich way but sideways and the only race out 6 was one where I stood at the line and didn't go and that's the one that he BEAT MY ***

Old 03-22-2008, 04:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I talked to Ty last night, Scott and he admits that you won the first 3 runs (he then immediately says that his tires were slipping).
Coulda, woulda, shoulda... Point is Scott's car is fast and so is his so it doesn't matter

Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Coulda, woulda, shoulda... Point is Scott's car is fast and so is his so it doesn't matter
Ya, it's all good Alex. Ty is a good cat. I really like him. I just thought it was funny how him spinning tires doesn't count as losses for him, but me missing 4th counts as his win.

His car is very fast (880 rwhp)..so I was glad to be right with him.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I talked to Ty last night, Scott and he admits that you won the first 3 runs (he then immediately says that his tires were slipping).
LOL...I know, Sean. He told me the exact same thing.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Your new setup sounds unreal, thanks for sharing! Be safe out there guys..

Thanks, Martin. She's certainly a lot of fun...no doubt about that.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks for the call, Scott...I just got back from the races today and will give you an update later.

My wife is moving back in tonight, btw

Old 03-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Had fun at the track, although my car isn't ready yet. My brother didn't get his 9sec slip but was DAMN near it and was damn near it even blowing the clutch out in 2nd-4th gear. He ended up going a 10.1 @ 144. I'll post a video up later so you'll understand by blowing through the clutch LOL! If it would have gone it probably would have been a 9.6 or 9.7 pass at close to a 150mph.

Sorry didn't get to meet Scott, Peter A, Dan, Mitch, etc. When we got back in town we started a rush to get my brother's Vette done for the drag racing event and we were down to the wire on getting it ready! Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you all next time you come down.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chris,

I could not hook up at all on that track. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd and even 3rd. I hook better on the street. My best run was an 11.97 when I granny shifted through 1st and 2nd. Trapped 130.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Chris,

I could not hook up at all on that track. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd and even 3rd. I hook better on the street. My best run was an 11.97 when I granny shifted through 1st and 2nd. Trapped 130.
When I get my car running, maybe we can all go to Baytown and get some big numbers out of the cars!! I know yours has a lot left in it.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Are you talking about Tyson? He's a really good dude...but a bit innacurate with his race stories. Even though I had a passenger (he didn't), I beat him the first 3 times we ran at 1.5 BAR. The last race we had I missed 4th...and he pulled. Of course that's the only race he talks about.

As far as Peter and my run, it was my very first of the night..and I was at 1.42 BAR (learned my lesson after that). To his credit; he had two people in the car...when I only had one. But it was pretty much a dead heat with him getting the nod. I promptly turned my boost up after that.
I was talking about Peter...he said he slightly pulled you turned down to 800-850 hp. Sounded like a good race though.

Glad you had fun. Tx2K is always a great highway scene.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Chris,

Actually, my GT2 is going to retire from drag racing. I just went today for the points towards the overall and to be able to say I did it. From now on she will only see maybe a road course once a year and highway runs against Mini-vans full of special ed kids.

By the way, I ran a bike even from 80-150 on the way home from the track.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Thats probably a better idea Sean. These cars aren't meant to really be drag cars, although in my mind.. Mine is LOL!

Here is the video of Matt's (Lil Powell) 10.1 pass. Pardon the french at the end of the pass.
http://www.vobra.org/vids/bonesawclutch.wmv

Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I was talking about Peter...he said he slightly pulled you turned down to 800-850 hp. Sounded like a good race though.
Ah, Peter. I was 1.4 BAR (unknowingly)....making about 810-820 rwhp. It was a very good race...but he got the win. We both turned up the boost after that, but he was spinning too badly for us to get another clean run in.

I did have fun, Jamie. A LOT of fun. The scene down there is absolutely unreal to someone that lives where I do.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-23-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Ah, Peter. I was 1.4 BAR (unkowingly)....making about 810-820 rwhp. It was a very good race...but he got the win. We both turned up the boost after that, but he was spinning too badly for us to get another clean run in.

I did have fun, Jamie. A LOT of fun. The scene down there is absolutely unreal to some that lives where I do.
Yea, he was on street tires, so that's about all they will hold. The beauty of running high hp Porsches is that every run is so drama free....unlike Supras and Vettes which need to have the right tires to get it to the ground. I really wish I could have gone down this year....even just with the Vette. I think we would have had a good run. We'll have to try to meet up somewhere if at all possible and give them hell Glad you had fun!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
We are at the same disposition as the supras and vettes. Rwd is rwd no matter what car. Most 800rwhp p cars I know of are rwd.
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing