996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:22 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
I am very sorry you had to leave so early but it was a pleasure to meet you. Your car is unreal and I enjoyed talking to Peter about his build. Tonight, we took a several fotos of many of the Proto cars that were there for a pictorial colage. I hope Todd can post them for all the 6speed community to see. For all my brethen that did not make this year, please start planning for next year! I hope we can have more Porsche turn out, because it is really a great time!
Cheers
Robert

Old 03-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
We are at the same disposition as the supras and vettes. Rwd is rwd no matter what car. Most 800rwhp p cars I know of are rwd.
Markski
Having an engine and weight right over top of the rear wheels sure does help for tractions a bit easier though. It really is a handful either way.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I had a great time running Scott and a great time meeting him. As on the forums Scott, you are just as classy and courteous in person! I hope you make it back to TX2K9 in 2009!!!!
Peter

Old 03-23-2008, 07:24 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
We are at the same disposition as the supras and vettes. Rwd is rwd no matter what car. Most 800rwhp p cars I know of are rwd.
Markski

Not true Markski. I have had 3 high hp rwd cars and the GT2 hooked SO MUCH better. Engine over the rear wheels makes a huge difference in addition to the smooth delivery.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZi0xT7F0E

Track wasn't hooking ? Pretty sick wheelie considering the car is setup NOT to do this, seems like track had a nice bit of bite at the hit. Nero said it was better than last year for sure and that it was navigable for a clean pass.

Hopefully I can make it out next year, I definately like the new schedule of things, hopefully the mile and Omni can get in the mix next year, as well as Mr Carter.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Having an engine and weight right over top of the rear wheels sure does help for tractions a bit easier though. It really is a handful either way.
I agree. Having owned a 700+ rwhp Supra, the RWD P-cars do hook up better on the street and are definitely more "drama free" as Jamie correctly put it. But once you lose traction in the P-car, it can upset the car more than it does a front-engined rwd car like a Supra or Corvette. Both setups have their adantages and disadvantages.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-23-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Yea, he was on street tires, so that's about all they will hold. The beauty of running high hp Porsches is that every run is so drama free....unlike Supras and Vettes which need to have the right tires to get it to the ground. I really wish I could have gone down this year....even just with the Vette. I think we would have had a good run. We'll have to try to meet up somewhere if at all possible and give them hell Glad you had fun!
I agree, Jamie. It would have a good run. I really wish I couldv'e met you, so we'll have to meet up somewhere later on.

Vegas is coming up later this year.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Chris,

I could not hook up at all on that track. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd and even 3rd. I hook better on the street. My best run was an 11.97 when I granny shifted through 1st and 2nd. Trapped 130.

interesting...

Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by houstonT
I had a great time running Scott and a great time meeting him. As on the forums Scott, you are just as classy and courteous in person! I hope you make it back to TX2K9 in 2009!!!!
Peter
Same here, Peter. You're a real class act and you definitely work your *** off at these events. You deserve a huge amount of credit for all the work that you do, while still finding the time to greet and talk everyone. Looking forward to the next one.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
let me stand next to your fire

Originally Posted by vividracing
glad to see faces! Appreciate the course lesson vince. We will have our car and lots of 996 parts to showoff and some steals too. I brought a ton of mechanix wear gloves to give away so come see me!
I'm entering anyway, see what sort of speed I'll get from the flames--or at least folks could lite pipes & roast marsh-mellows without difficulty. Hope everyone's having fun. Hey Dan, save me a pair of those gloves if you can. Go fast, take risks, have fun.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Not true Markski. I have had 3 high hp rwd cars and the GT2 hooked SO MUCH better. Engine over the rear wheels makes a huge difference in addition to the smooth delivery.
Idk. Maybe gt2s are different. My car even at low boost will wheel hop if I'm not on Drs. My point was and is that simple drag radials will solve everyones problems so then there are no excuses. What's the point of having 1000hp if ur putting down only 600 to the ground.

Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
W/out the water (one lane was dry today) I hooked like a mad *****...ran a 6.7 and won the street tire division in the 60-130 competition.. Then, my crank bolt came out again.

Expensive victory but event was awesome. Thanks Peter.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:52 PM
W/out the water (one lane was dry today) I hooked like a mad *****...ran a 6.7 and won the street tire division in the 60-130 competition.
Congrats, Sean!

Then, my crank bolt came out again.
WTF??! Sorry to hear that, bro.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks Scott...this competition was expensive. It looks like I have to open the engine up, so might as well put some rods in and bigger turbos.

Big Props to peter for hosting a great event!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Scott...this competition was expensive. It looks like I have to open the engine up, so might as well put some rods in and bigger turbos.
That's what I'm talking about. A setup with GT30's like Jamie had but with a built motor would be perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing