996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
You guys are haveing way too much fun.

Hope to make it next year.......have a great time. Be safe.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I had a blast and got to meet a few 6Speeders. Good times had by all.

Peter, we talked bad about you all night at dinner on Friday night. Thats what happens when you don't show...

Actually, when I saw you at the dyno, I knew there would be no way you would make it. You were slammed busy and it never let up. It was good seeing you again and next time I'm in Houston, I'll buy you a steak at Pappas.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks Chris for the vid.

That was my first run of the day...my first time EVER doing the 1/4 actually.

I totally granny launched it. Interestingly the 1100 hp 350 Z didn't pull too hard on me after the initial 2 lengths out of the hole. I tried launching harder in my subsequent runs but the tires would just spin. There was no way I was going to risk breaking my axle by doing a burnout and there was no dry lane that day.

Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-24-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
^ I have some other cool vids and pics from us on the highway that I will send your way too. I think I might have to upload a pic of our buddy in the cls, haha.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Scott
I am very sorry you had to leave so early but it was a pleasure to meet you. Your car is unreal and I enjoyed talking to Peter about his build. Tonight, we took a several fotos of many of the Proto cars that were there for a pictorial colage. I hope Todd can post them for all the 6speed community to see. For all my brethen that did not make this year, please start planning for next year! I hope we can have more Porsche turn out, because it is really a great time!
Cheers
Robert

Rob,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well, bro. As I told you that night, your car looks fantastic and is extremely fast. I wish we could have gotten in at least one full run into 4th or 5th gear, but it looks like we'll have to use 60-130 numbers to compare our cars. I have no doubt you will run some incredible times.

Take care.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
F8L SNK is infamous around these parts
It was great to run you as well. Very clean runs! Thanks for the compliment about my Viper, your car was awesome. Great to see a Porsche actually running that hard! Now I have to worry about Rob and Akaram

Hope to see you next year,

Tim

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Are you talking about Tyson? He's a really good dude...but a bit innacurate with his race stories. Even though I had a passenger (he didn't), I beat him the first 3 times we ran at 1.5 BAR. The last race we had I missed 4th...and he pulled. Of course that's the only race he talks about.

As far as Peter and my run, it was my very first of the night..and I was at 1.42 BAR (learned my lesson after that). To his credit; he had two people in the car...when I only had one. But it was pretty much a dead heat with him getting the nod. I promptly turned my boost up after that.

I also raced a beautiful blue TT Viper to about 180 or so. He had no passengers, I had one passenger. He got me by 3/4 of a car. That was the best race of the night in my opinion. He waxed everyone else he raced.

Those are the only clean runs I had that night that were close. All the others where I actually had time to shift to 4th I beat my opponents pretty easily.

Houston is really the place to go if you want to run very fast cars.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
the event was very fun.. loved it

Old 03-24-2008, 08:22 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tim
You are such a class act! I am glad you are representing H town! I just better be careful when I am around you, I dont want to be bitten by your bad **** snake! Also, there are two huge more events coming up in April. I hope we can meet there?
Cheers
Robert

Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott, did you line up with Tim and Rob? What were the outcomes?
Peter

Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Rob, thanks for the kind words, and you know the feeling is mutual. Hopefully we will get some runs in soon!

Peter, Scott had posted the results earlier in the thread, and I had quoted it. Checking on the competition??

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Rob, I don't have enough posts to respond to your PM, I need 12 more lol!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Scott, Sean, Paulie and Marty have four of the nicest Porsches I have ever seen. Inspiring to be around such great cars and people. Each year at the TX meet the competition just keeps going to a new level. Can't wait to see what shows up next year. My guess is once Tommy Bahn gets going on his 996tt it will be sick. Paulie wish I could have seen your car run some of the event, but I enjoyed watching the swarm around your car as it was meticulously being built.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Vince,

It was really great meeting you. Props for driving all the way from Nashville and competing in all 4 events. And again, thanks for diagnosing my crank problem. I probably would not have finished w/ out your help.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I'd like to give a big thanks to Peter for organizing an absolutely awesome event. Man you really work your *** off to make this thing run smoothly. Big props to your wife and everyone else that pitched in and helped out.

Marty, my wife and myself just got back to the Twins Cities tonight at about 830 pm. I have to say that this trip was worth all of the effort. I am sure we are planning on coming back next year. I had a lot of fun and I hope to be able to run my car in Mexico next year. I can't let Marty represent Minnesota all alone - even though he does a great job of it. I was really disappointed that I was unable to run at night due to clutch problems. I am just glad I was able to get in a couple of runs in each event. It is a very humbling experience to be amongst all of the wicked fast cars that showed up. I meet a lot of real cool people and hope to see everyone again.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I ran a 6.7 in the 60-130 today...Marty went 6.9 and Eric (Z06) 7.4. Marty ran a 2:02 at TWS, Eric an AMAZING 2:00. I ran a 2:06 but could have gone 2:01-02 if my car didn't break.

We all had hell hooking up on the 1/4 although Marty fared better at 11:4 and me at 11:9. Both lanes were watered down and I will not ruin my shaft w/ a burnout.

Jamie, what was the solution? Todd and Cynthia repaired mine but it came out again.
Thanks for the compliment. TWS is a lot of fun. I hung two tires off the track on the 2:00 run in the finals - not sure how much time it cost me. I did run a 1:58 earlier in the day. I have to give props to SW and Andi. They absolutely blew my doors off. So did Ivan and the yellow GT3.

Hope to see you and PaulieWalnuts again next year if not sooner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing