996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Eric,

I am glad that you and Marty came and made it home safely. It was fantastic to meet you. I still think the most impressive performance of the whole event was your 1:58 at TWS (first time on the track!).

Marty, AKA the Guntster is one funny dude and also a hell of a driver.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Vince, it was great to meet you, one of the three pioneers of the TJW mod! You are a trooper to make such a trip. It was also nice to finally meet Marty. I just missed him at the TX mile last year. You are stand up guys. Looking forward to the next encounter.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:14 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Marty,Eric & Sonia ,Vince,Joe & his son, great having you guys down here.Hope to see ya'll every year.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott, did you line up with Tim and Rob? What were the outcomes?
Peter
Hey bro,

I ran Tim at 23psi (I was at 20 psi against you). He got me by 3/4 to 1 car length to 180. It was an awesome race. I never got a clean run against Rob.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up An Event To Remember

We just got in late last night. (3300 miles on the truck/trailer)
I will update later as I am more than swamped at work.
This meet that PETER B puts on is NOT TO BE MISSED as there is nothing like it
in the World. The Texas 6speeders along with many other great people will no
doubt become lifelong friends. I have many, many street stories, pics and videos (Me Paulie with his newfound K24/18g confidence running 3 abreast with Dr. Rob on the freeway!!!) as well as highlights
once I gather my thoughts. Paulie Walnuts is the funniest guy I have ever met and Dr.
Jitsu is a close second. Jitsu is the 60-130 king and I agree that my buddy Carver running a 1:58 was one of the single greatest feats at the meet. (Tommy's 4.4 60- 130 mph run with boost turned down run
while peddling his Silver Supra down the strip after going sideways and hitting those
styrofoam markers was the other). Tommy will win the TEXAS MILE again this year.

The Texas street scene is like nothing you have ever experienced...
and oh yeah, I ran some supras, GTO's, camaros, Porsches, etc.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Marty,

Did you encounter any quality Gunt on your way home?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Marty, you are the classiest and most honorable guy I've met in a LONGGGG time. My home and family are forever open to you! I'm glad I made a new friend. I will write a re-cap of the event soon! Post your pics!!!!!!!

Peter
p.s. Tommy ran 4.8 which means my 4.51 still stands (for now)

Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Peter your 4.51 is going down to my Porsche.. In my wildest dreams

I got my turbos mounted and plumbed last night.. Still have a few more things to do, but I'll be running soon finally, although a week to late

Old 03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Peter,

I cannot believe how organized and cool headed you stayed throughout your 12-14 hour days! It was great to meet your family and hang with your buddies Vince, Sean and Tim. Where (what post are all the results posted??)

All the best!

MK

Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Damn, sounds like you guys had a hell of a time! So bummed that I miss all of this great stuff and meeting what sounds like without exception a great group of guys. Maybe TX2K9 with a little somethin somethin... we'll see...

Now post up some pics and vids already dammit!