996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Atomic - sounds great...Houston at that time of year is very mild, 50's at night, 70's during the day, PERFECT turbo weather!!!!

Jamie - rumor has it Scott and a buddy of his WILL BE at TX2K8! Of course, you didn't hear that from me! HA! And who knows, you might be in a certain silver Protomotive GT2 at that point as well!

Todd - we are very excited about partnering with both Protomotive and Vivid. Your company has an impeccable reputation and we're lucky to be able to have you as a sponsor... From what I gather, there are lots of Houston P-car folks waiting to meet both you and Dan at Vivid. I also look forward to finally putting a face with a name...

Marty - you will absolutely love TWS...150+mph on a banked oval, oh man, what a rush!

Peter

Old 12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
For anyone on the fence, this is a vid of me running down some GT_ Porsches at TWS

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31244060&hl=en

Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
AtomicZ and I are probably going to come.

I have to clear it with "the tower" first but it looks good.
I really look forward to driving on the Speedway!!!

Marty K.

marty, u should enter the ultimate street car challenge

Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
UMW guys,

Start your engines!!!!
You have many months to get ready.

This will be a great time, track looks like a hoot.

Marty K.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I am getting excited! Todd sent me an email and my heads should be here in Rocket city by this weekend!!!!!! Marty, the invite is still out there if you need a place to stay if you can make it... Joe.. my teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas

Old 12-04-2007, 09:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by houstonT
I just got some VERY exciting news! Vivid Racing and Protomotive have both given confirmation of sponsorship of the TX2K8 event! I am excited to have two of the most reputable tuners/retailers in the Porsche world as official sponsors of the event!!!!

You all need to plan on coming to this thing, it's going to be HUGE!!!!!

Peter
Peter
I was wondering if you chatted with Sean. He is good friends with Stephen Kaspar and maybe he would like to be a sponsor? Good job thus far, I do believe this will be a huge event.. maybe we could finish this off with another cruise like the Galveston one we had earlier this year
Cheers
R

Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Rob,

I am sure Stephen is aware of the event....actually I think we talked about it and he wants to come if he can find the time. Of course I will be repping Proto more so than EVO, although I do have their IC's, and intake.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
UMW guys,

Start your engines!!!!
You have many months to get ready.

This will be a great time, track looks like a hoot.

Marty K.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
eclou - thanks so much for the video!!!! I have posted it on other websites as well! p.s. call me, I left you a VM

Joe - so should you!!!!!!

Marty - your would ROCK the ULTIMATE Street Car Challenge!!!!

Rob/Sean - judging by your conversation, I'm assuming that Stephen is someone from EVO???? I emailed EVO on several occasions about the event and they never responded. Since that time, Vivid and Protomotive have stepped up to the plate and this year they have the exclusive for P-car sponsors!

joe - get that beast ready, I have several Supra owners that drive down from NY...

Peter

Old 12-05-2007, 09:36 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Peter,

that is 165 mph on the front straight, and 135 mph on the back straight. Sent you a PM

Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
eclou, you seem to be the King of TWS...how many times have you driven the course?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Joe - so should you!!!!!!

I am going to the mile that I know.......I may be able to make it.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
eclou, you seem to be the King of TWS...how many times have you driven the course?

Been there a couple dozen times. Still not enough. There is one guy there who has driven over 100k miles on the track since the late 1970's

Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
JoeTwint,

Would love to see you there!

We are going to drag Markski there...(kicking and screaming) LOL!!

Marty K.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
eclou - there seems to be a misconception in Houston going around that TWS "tears up cars". Some of our GT2 owners (cough cough) are afraid that TWS will be too rough on their cars. What I tried to explain to them is that TWS is no harder on the car than MSR for example. Your thoughts Jean????
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing