996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Moi?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Atomic - sounds great...Houston at that time of year is very mild, 50's at night, 70's during the day, PERFECT turbo weather!!!!
Looking forward to it. Warm weather will be welcomed by then. No turbo here - just 427 ci of naturally aspirated American Muscle.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I believe that will be good "427 weather" as well!

MK

Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
eclou - thanks so much for the video!!!! I have posted it on other websites as well! p.s. call me, I left you a VM

Joe - so should you!!!!!!

Marty - your would ROCK the ULTIMATE Street Car Challenge!!!!

Rob/Sean - judging by your conversation, I'm assuming that Stephen is someone from EVO???? I emailed EVO on several occasions about the event and they never responded. Since that time, Vivid and Protomotive have stepped up to the plate and this year they have the exclusive for P-car sponsors!

joe - get that beast ready, I have several Supra owners that drive down from NY...

Peter
Peter,

I like the addition of the Ultimate Street Car Challenge, it seems like a great way to bring in some variety. I may have missed it, but is there any sort of ruling requiring that you run the same set of tires for all of the events?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Damn,Sean i did not relize you are so fat!!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Sean
You should try to get some BMWs there as well!!!!!!
Joe T
I hope you can make it and maybe you can get EVOMS to sponsor as well.
Marty
I can wait to see that 427 vette.. I am going to try to get some other vettes to come
Peter
We need another Galveston Cruise!
Merry Christmas
R

Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Paulie - hahhahaha, leave the poor guy alone, he's workin hard to cut the weight!!!!! And he's a good guy...

Atomic - SWEET! We have lots of vette's at the event as well, you'll fit right in...the neatest thing about the crowd that makes it to TX is the variety of cars and the love for anything MOTORSPORTS! I can't wait to see your beast!!!!!

Brett - this is the first year we've tried the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition. There is no rule for tires/weight/etc... at this point. This first year is a trial run per se to see how many people are interested in finding the ULTIMATE Street Car and how many people want $1,000...

Peter

Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
TWS is rough on cars that are not Porsches. No kidding. There is only 1 make that produces cars that can take repeated tracking in stock form. BMW is close, but still needs brakes and suspension to play long term. The main issue is heat soak in the summer. You don't want to run too much boost for the sake of preventing heat soak. While TWS favors HP cars, no amount of HP can overcome smooth driving.

I think for this event everyone should be just fine. Temps should be cool and it is a friendly venue vs a club race. Getting on this track is one of the few places to fully explore the capabilities of machines. It is an experience that everyone needs to try at least once, and TWS is simply one of the funnest tracks in the nation!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
eclou, great write-up and a great thought to calm everyone that is worried. I think guys like Sean and Paul are just scared of TWS!
Peter
p.s. see you tomorrow!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Peter i will most likely be driving the mini.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Paul, that sounds great! I think you will have a blast in any car, that track is SOOOO much fun!
Peter

Old 12-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Got some more confirmed/payed RR people! Hurry and sign up for the road racing if you haven't already!
Peter

Old 12-14-2007, 04:31 PM
We have the P-car folks stepping up, Marty Kaye (WOODSTER) is official...he's on the list for TWS and the ULTIMATE Street Car Comp!
Peter

Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
We have the P-car folks stepping up, Marty Kaye (WOODSTER) is official...he's on the list for TWS and the ULTIMATE Street Car Comp!
Peter
Are there going to be any side bet action?...I'll bet 10 dollars in a pot that a p-car will win it....

Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
I know we plan on bringing Wes's and Jesus's 996TT's not sure the events we will enter in, but we want to bring both of those car's as well as many Supra's and maybe even a special Prowler.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing