996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
This 427 was there last year and will be there again this year. Maybe not to drag race, but forsure 60-130! If only I had the money for the turbo set up
Matt

Old 12-15-2007, 08:42 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Matt, why not drag that bad boy too????

Nero, we look fwd to seeing what BADASS cars Titan brings this year. Everyone always looks fwd to the Titan rig and the cars that come represent from FL.

Joe - I think you are making a safe bet, but I'll vote Supra just for fun! $50 sound like a bet?

Peter

Old 12-15-2007, 09:01 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Dan from Vivid Racing should come and enter his BADASS yellow 996 into the ultimate car. Also, is Nick going to enter his white supra into road course?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Joe,

I am entering the M3 in some events, and the GT2 in others. I won't be drag racing the GT2 and hence she won't be in contention for the overall title. Therefore, since she would have been the obvious runaway choice for the overall title, it just might happen that one of the little Supras might have a chance.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:49 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I think Dan from Vivid Racing should come and enter his BADASS yellow 996 into the ultimate car. Also, is Nick going to enter his white supra into road course?
I hope this isnt Supranick750hp you are talking about

Old 12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Nick Diep...car is a well sorted 700 hp Supra, and Nick is an excellent driver in all conditions. Will be a contender for sure.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
rob - Vivid Racing has committed to sponsor the event, so rest assured they are bringing some cars to kickass!

Sean - why not take that slug and make a few soft launch passes at the track? Atleast that way you will be able to get some points towards the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition???????

Peter

Old 12-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Matt, why not drag that bad boy too????

Nero, we look fwd to seeing what BADASS cars Titan brings this year. Everyone always looks fwd to the Titan rig and the cars that come represent from FL.

Joe - I think you are making a safe bet, but I'll vote Supra just for fun! $50 sound like a bet?

Peter
Don't listen to Matt.. He will be there if I have to drag him kicking and screaming LOL! Hopefully he will have a lot of things lined out before the next 60-130.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmm
This well be a kickass event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R

Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Yeah Sean, ya candy-***,

Get the garage queen to the strip and run a high ten with it!!

See ya down there.

Marty

Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Sean, your GT2 can still run an amazing time in the 1/4 without you having to abuse it off the line. You can always baby it out of the hole and then get on it...

Rob, will there actually be a sighting of your car at this event?

Peter

Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 AM
All rigth, all right...since everyone is demanding Amber, I will run her. She has been pretty lonely sitting in the garage ever since I got Nachblau (my new M3). I ran a 9.17 60-130 last night on pump in the nearly freezing weather. Tires were spinning in third.

However, I can't seem to get the V-box reset. Peter, any advice?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Kid GT2 is infamous around these parts
I might actually have to come down there this year

Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Sean - just pull the card out of the box and email me the .dbn file from the 9.17 run.

Kid - come on down!

Peter

Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 AM
I had the card out when I ran...doh! I was trying to read it from some earlier runs. It seems I don't have the software.

I went out, poured some Octanium in my tank (had it sitting around) and spilled it all over my paint (at night...dumb move) I was so flustered trying to save my paint I forgot to put the card back in. Oh well, its not like a 9.17 is something to write home about.

Now I need to reset the box, give me a call when you can, Peter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 National Event - Road Racing, Dyno Day, 60-130, Drag Racing