996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

i need a new clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
i need a new clutch

my poor stock clutch has finally gave out. can't say i blame it with all those passes at the strip and pulls on the street...

what would be the optimum setup for my power level? i want something that grabs good but feels stock...

should i mess with the flywheel too?

thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
I just received a 600 hp rated kit from IA.

I decided against the LWFW. Too many potential drivability issues.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
I just ordered my new LWFW / Sachs clutch package from UMW today!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drewTT
my poor stock clutch has finally gave out. can't say i blame it with all those passes at the strip and pulls on the street...

what would be the optimum setup for my power level? i want something that grabs good but feels stock...

should i mess with the flywheel too?

thanks
Stop dumpin your clutch at 6k+rpms on those burnouts.... j/k

Get one of those Sachs clutch package from UMW (something rated for 650+ HP - you always want to give yourself a little cushion), it's one of the better ones out there.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
IM SURE UMW'S KIT is the same kit as EVERYONES stage 1&2 w/ lwfw rated to 650bhp. Stephen at Imagine Auto offers it at $1895( I had it on my car and it held up to gt700 with race file). UMW is not the ONLY SACHS CLUTCH KIT DEALER LOL GL

Suman

Last edited by Highhats; 11-07-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Here is stevens link I take that back it is 1800 even for the set up good to 650bhp.

http://imagineauto.com/Merchant2/mer...tttransmission

good luck Drew PS tell him I sent u LOL so he can laugh!

Suman

Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
thanks guys. whats the deal on the noise with the LWFW? i dont mind it noisy but some people make it sound like its unbereable?

i mean the 997 gt3rs comes with a LWFW and it sounds sweet at idle...whats the deal?

Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Here is stevens link I take that back it is 1800 even for the set up good to 650bhp.

http://imagineauto.com/Merchant2/mer...tttransmission

good luck Drew PS tell him I sent u LOL so he can laugh!

Suman
thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MGS996TT
I just ordered my new LWFW / Sachs clutch package from UMW today!
I really regret not having done this. Even if others have the same kit for sale, between Kevin's help and enthusiasm over the years, I would order from him. It's also notable that his kit includes all nuts, bolts, etc. that you need. I was shocked at how much extra there was beyond the "discs" when I had my stock stuff replaced with stock.

Justin

Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on your power goals. I bought a UMW kit at first but then had to change it out soon after since I upped the power past 600hp. I would say go with the stage 3 right away if you plan on modifying your car into the 600+ HP range. Also, make sure you listen to a LWFW car before purchasing and possibly drive one.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
If you want to keep the stock flywheel, you can just get a new disk along the the higher clamping force "Sachs 999 pressure plate". It's holding my 700HP fine and drives like stock. This is a nice combination.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Rasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really nice
Originally Posted by John D
If you want to keep the stock flywheel, you can just get a new disk along the the higher clamping force "Sachs 999 pressure plate". It's holding my 700HP fine and drives like stock. This is a nice combination.
JD, you dont know the clamping force of the 999 unit and stock by chance?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Sure, you're right ... UMW is not the only one out there.. but I kinda like dealing with Kevin ... I'm sure alot of dudes here feel the same way ... makes me wanna go with the UMW with Kevlar kit ...

Originally Posted by Highhats
IM SURE UMW'S KIT is the same kit as EVERYONES stage 1&2 w/ lwfw rated to 650bhp. Stephen at Imagine Auto offers it at $1895( I had it on my car and it held up to gt700 with race file). UMW is not the ONLY SACHS CLUTCH KIT DEALER LOL GL

Suman

Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I dont think he is and Ill stand by Steve K all the way "Imagine Auto". I wrote this so Everyone know this guy Kevin isn't the only Sachs dealer out there. Money is Money and parts are the same. Buy where you save is how I feel. So I respond to let people know where they can save a buck. Im sure Steve will match or beat any UMW price. He always has for me...

As I recall 1950 is UMW price. Who doesnt want to save 150 bucks?!?! 1800- IA stage 2 w/ lwfw

S

Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Sure, you're right ... UMW is not the only one out there.. but I kinda like dealing with Kevin ... I'm sure alot of dudes here feel the same way ... makes me wanna go with the UMW with Kevlar kit ...

Last edited by Highhats; 11-07-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I've never dealt with Kevin, so I can't say anything on his part, but I can say that Steven at IA is excellent to work with. He has a ton of experience and will listen to what you want and make suggestions from there. I would definitely give him a shot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i need a new clutch