996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Grigio Titanio Enzo and Enzo spider!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
My neighbor has a red one and it's just goofy looking IMO.
Can I live in your neighbors garage...

Old 05-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
CGT is an incredible car. But all things being relative, the Enzo is Ferrari and Ferrari simply cannot be touched by Porsche. It's just at another level beyond numbers and magazine reviews. It's the blood red passion that's in every bolt and weld and mold.

Enzo is whoa. Especially the drop top if in fact it's real.

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 05-24-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:23 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
My neighbor has a red one and it's just goofy looking IMO.
Thats the I have heard. Red is traditional Ferrari. Pure Italian style and sound.

Lets not forget here that approx 400 Enzos built, approx 70 in the States. Those are production numbers that justify premium and strong resale for years to come.

Old 05-24-2004, 12:44 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by MetalSolid
Those "Enzo Spiders" are 1/18 scale models. Ferrari would never make such an abomination.
I agree with that...Must be photoshopped into spiders...Car looks great but I bet the Enzo is not even half as reliable as a CGT. That car would break after a hard DE or two....Given that fact, I would take the CGT...Besides, the Italian's descriminate against tall driver's...I probably would not even fit in an Enzo...Napoleon height would be a better fit....

Old 05-24-2004, 02:20 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
I agree with that...Must be photoshopped into spiders...Car looks great but I bet the Enzo is not even half as reliable as a CGT. That car would break after a hard DE or two....Given that fact, I would take the CGT...Besides, the Italian's descriminate against tall driver's...I probably would not even fit in an Enzo...Napoleon height would be a better fit....
Your wrong about discrimination, Ferrari actually offers thier sport seats in different sizes to accomadate different sized people.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:27 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
wow, best looking color I've seen on the Enzo so far ... awesome.

As for the CGT vs. Enzo ... can you push the Enzo every time you are on the road?? Every single time?? that's what the argument comes down to for me, with Porsche you can do it without worries -- full car enjoyment ALL the time.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:01 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
That titanio Enzo is the first nice looking Enzo I've seen thus far (only seen black and red prior). My neighbor has a red one and it's just goofy looking IMO.
That's just Ben being Ben. He loves to bad mouth Ferraris any chance he can. Can't wait to see what his CGT is worth after they build all 1500. Oh, by the way, there are still CGT allocations available. Maybe Porsche can't sell all of them after all? I sure hope the CGT is more "reliable" than that other piece of crap that is assemble in the same Liepzig factory!

Old 05-24-2004, 10:36 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Can't wait to see what his CGT is worth after they build all 1500."

And this is such a big deal to you because?

Old 05-24-2004, 11:54 AM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
I'd take the CGT everytime, the enzo looks like a transformer
(remember those toys?) just not my style.

Old 05-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ESK
Can't wait to see what his CGT is worth after they build all 1500. Oh, by the way, there are still CGT allocations available. Maybe Porsche can't sell all of them after all? I sure hope the CGT is more "reliable" than that other piece of crap that is assemble in the same Liepzig factory! [/B]
The price will hold b/c people will drive them and learn that they are more durable, quicker, and a better driving value than any of the current Ferraris including the Enzo. Think about it, even if the performance of the two cars (E and CGT) were even (which we will find out they are not, nod to the CGT), the E is 2X overpriced regardless of the production numbers. Ferrari lovers love the idea of having a Ferrari. People who use rational thought and logic and don't follow F-1 don't give a second thought to Ferrari, unless they collect and don't drive. As for the slam on the Cayenne, ESK, too bad about your personal experience. My personal experience with the "S" has been quite outstanding.

Old 05-25-2004, 05:25 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by james
The price will hold b/c people will drive them and learn that they are more durable, quicker, and a better driving value than any of the current Ferraris including the Enzo.
Only time will tell, but I think Ferrari's philosophy of building "one fewer car than market demand" will hold in this case. That's why Enzos are trading at almost two-times MSRP. And, it's the reason why cars like the 360 Spider still sell for over - for all model years except maybe '01 which is nearing MSRP.

Originally posted by james As for the slam on the Cayenne, ESK, too bad about your personal experience. My personal experience with the "S" has been quite outstanding.
I've had the car for 13 months and 29,000 miles so I think I've earned the right to "slam" the quality - not the driving characteristics, which are exceptional. Obviously, your experience is better than most considering the Cayenne plummetted Porsche to the near bottom of the latest JD Power rankings.

Old 05-25-2004, 05:54 AM
jroy is infamous around these parts
Is that kid pissing on the rear wheel of that Enzo..and watching over his shoulder so no one sees him....He must love P-cars!

haha..

Old 05-25-2004, 07:17 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by james
The price will hold b/c people will drive them and learn that they are more durable, quicker, and a better driving value than any of the current Ferraris including the Enzo. Think about it, even if the performance of the two cars (E and CGT) were even (which we will find out they are not, nod to the CGT), the E is 2X overpriced regardless of the production numbers. Ferrari lovers love the idea of having a Ferrari. People who use rational thought and logic and don't follow F-1 don't give a second thought to Ferrari, unless they collect and don't drive. As for the slam on the Cayenne, ESK, too bad about your personal experience. My personal experience with the "S" has been quite outstanding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6212

Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Unreal pics! That Ti colored Enzo is the best looking one I've seen yet!

Old 05-25-2004, 07:59 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
ESK:

"And this is such a big deal to you because?"

your silence is deafening.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grigio Titanio Enzo and Enzo spider!