996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Will the Fabspeed Cat by-pass pipes work with Fabspeed loud (V1)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Will the Fabspeed Cat by-pass pipes work with Fabspeed loud (V1)?

I am wondering if the Fabspeed Cat By-Pass Pipes will work with my Fabspeed Loud version 1? This is the single canister exhaust with bolt on cats.

Also does anyone recommend that I do this??

Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
No, the new version is not jigged the same way. I can check to see if I have any around. I use to. Let me know. I will have my guys look for them.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
I don't see why not. I have both the SuperSport exhaust AND the bypass pipes. Since the pipes connect to the back end of the cat, it doesn't matter what the exhaust looks like as long as they used the same Cat design for all "old school" versions which I think they did.....

Old 11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Do you recommend this setup? No loss on low end torque??

Old 11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
john, you want even more noise huh.... wow - color me impressed. i would think if you put in straight pipes you will got more hi-end power but at the expense at some low end. you should ask alex - he would best be able to advise you. Remember for smog you'll have to swap those bad boys out and if someone notices during a service... $10k fine. so me personally - i wouldn't risk it.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyYellow
john, you want even more noise huh.... wow - color me impressed. i would think if you put in straight pipes you will got more hi-end power but at the expense at some low end. you should ask alex - he would best be able to advise you. Remember for smog you'll have to swap those bad boys out and if someone notices during a service... $10k fine. so me personally - i wouldn't risk it.
I have run straight pipes with no cats for over two years.
Car runs and performs great. Also love the sound. Plus best bang for the buck. 500 bucks vs 5000 bucks, loose 50 pounds and most hp, no brainer.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I have run straight pipes with no cats for over two years.
Car runs and performs great. Also love the sound. Plus best bang for the buck. 500 bucks vs 5000 bucks, loose 50 pounds and most hp, no brainer.

Is this ok for tracks on your side of the pond Tom?, just that some of our tracks have noise limits, mostly 105db, must be loud!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Is this ok for tracks on your side of the pond Tom?, just that some of our tracks have noise limits, mostly 105db, must be loud!!!
At WOT nothing is louder or more beautiful!!
Of all the tracks I run the car at only Road Atlanta on Sunday mornings has a noise limit (what the hell it is a race track!!)
so cant run there in the morning, otherwise no problem, Sebring, Homestead, Moroso, Roebling, Daytona all ***** to the wall!!!