996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

XM Radio/Sirius users. I have a Q

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
XM Radio/Sirius users. I have a Q

I would prefer to not have the antenna outside the car. I was thinking on the rear deck (behind the rear seats).

Anyone mount it there and if so do you have reception issues?

Thanks

Old 05-24-2004, 02:44 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Somone on this board has it mounted like this, I don't remember who. They did say that they have no problems with reception. Just make sure there is something to magnitize it to.

Eric

Old 05-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
I have it mounted like this...(I responded to you on Rennlist too) Works fine.

I also had it mounted in the battery compartment of my old Boxster, this worked nicely, no reception issues.

Old 05-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Who has placed the antenna on the dash? Does that work?

Old 05-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Here is another idea:

What about mounting the antenna on the back of the rear view mirror? Would it work in a horizontal position?

If it does I'd like that the best as a stealth install.

Old 05-24-2004, 05:50 AM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
I also have it mounted on the interior rear deck (below rear window) and have no reception problems. It was an easy install and can't be seen from the exterior of the car. I also have tinted windows.

Old 05-24-2004, 09:34 PM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by kparis
I also have it mounted on the interior rear deck (below rear window) and have no reception problems. It was an easy install and can't be seen from the exterior of the car. I also have tinted windows.
Ditto. Antenna is mounted on the Bose speaker box and held in place with velcro. Window also tinted. No reception problems with the exception of mountain travel.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:35 PM
NJPete996TT is infamous around these parts
Since it works on the back lid thats where i would suggest doing it, however, I would think that you could also mount it on the roof just above the rear window and paint it to match, and i would imagine that it would look alot like the back of the bmw 745.