996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GROUP BUY ANYONE? Best place and price for buying roll cage.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
DAS SPORT 100 percent...it is one of the few that IS legal for clubracing...nothing glorified about the design...its 100 percent function, bolts perfectly, and is really beefy. With all due respect, the tequipment bar, while nice looking, is NOT what I would go with from a strictly "safety" factor (it looks great and does do something...but its just not the same as real "race" bars.)

Im sure GMGs bar however would be legal and great as well...

Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Count me in for a Das Sport group buy.

Jeff

Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Video

oh ya, the DAS bar CAN be ordered with a leather covering as well IIRC...so it can still be great looking too...

Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I am talking to a local guy who does alot of work on Porsches particularly racing ones. He can custom build out of chromoly instead of regular steel. It will be lighter and smaller in diameter to give more interior room. He will use mine as a test mule and then can sell them.

His will be bolt in without drilling holes and have a harness bar that bolts in and out, so you can still use your rear seat. I will keep you posted.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
manalex is infamous around these parts
Sounds perfect. Did he give you any idea how much it would cost?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I really hate to sound like a broken record...but again, if you are getting this for safety purposes...do it right the first time...PLEASE...DAS SPORT or GMG...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I really hate to sound like a broken record...but again, if you are getting this for safety purposes...do it right the first time...PLEASE...DAS SPORT or GMG...
Ah this guy builds cages for all kinds of race cars and it will be built to SCCA spec!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
If you are putting in a roll cage for safety reasons, and it is dangerous to drive around in a car that has a roll cage without wearing a helmet, then do you always wear a helmet or do you not drive the car on the street anymore?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by sdorn
If you are putting in a roll cage for safety reasons, and it is dangerous to drive around in a car that has a roll cage without wearing a helmet, then do you always wear a helmet or do you not drive the car on the street anymore?
if you have a full cage, you shouldnt be driving the car on the street without, in all honesty, your helmet and hans systems in use...

If you get a roll bar, you can drive on the street but I would suggest only with the 3pt that came in the car.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
I just had Sharkwerks install a GMG well made excellent product...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
It just seems odd to me for someone that mainly drives their car on the street (without a helmet and HANS device) to put a roll cage in their car for safety reasons, as it is now more dangerous to drive on the street because it has a roll cage in it!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
I am talking to a local guy who does alot of work on Porsches particularly racing ones. He can custom build out of chromoly instead of regular steel. It will be lighter and smaller in diameter to give more interior room. He will use mine as a test mule and then can sell them.

His will be bolt in without drilling holes and have a harness bar that bolts in and out, so you can still use your rear seat. I will keep you posted.
You beat me to it, I was calling all day trying to find someone to makea custom one. There are TONS of people in this country who make roll bars for a living, we do not have to be limited to mass production kits.

Just make sure you get a manufacturing cost for the masses, if they come up with 2k for it, it wont get sold.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
jonathan@millaracing is infamous around these parts
We can help with your dassport rollbar needs.
We don't like the term "group buy" and neither do the manufacturers.

Even when the price is incredible, it is hard to get a commitment

But, we will be happy to help get some dassport bars in your cars

We have installed and sold quite a number of these.

If you are looking for top quality, fitment, and safety go with a dassport bar.

We have installed the tequipment bars, but in my opinion, these are for looks mostly.

I can't say anything about the other manufacturers bars as I haven't installed one myself.

I do have an autopower in my m3 and it's great as well. But haven't used one on a Porsche yet.

if you are interested, please email (no pm)

-name
-location (zip)
-996 or 997
-sunroof or no sunroof

remember-these come raw metal so do require paint or powdercoat (extra cost)

Last edited by jonathan@millaracing; 11-14-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Anthony 98 GTS is infamous around these parts
I would be in for a DAS bar.......

Old 11-14-2007, 04:03 PM
manalex is infamous around these parts
I think someone mentioned this before, but do you have to remove your sub woofer in order to install the DAS? If so, will it look finished or will you also need to buy some interior components to make it look right? I don't mind removing the sub woofer, just want to make sure of all that's involved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY ANYONE? Best place and price for buying roll cage.