996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GROUP BUY ANYONE? Best place and price for buying roll cage.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
GROUP BUY ANYONE? Best place and price for buying roll cage.

My mother Tim (Colorinc) reminded me of my wife and 4 children so therefore it is time to install the rollcage and racing seats. I already have the harnesses. Which cage is best and where to buy?

Thanks!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buddyg
My mother Tim (Colorinc) reminded me of my wife and 4 children so therefore it is time to install the rollcage and racing seats. I already have the harnesses. Which cage is best and where to buy?

Thanks!
http://stable-energies.com

Safety Devices. So far, they seem to be the best bolt in cages I have seen.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I got my AutoPower from Vivid Racing.

It requires bolting plates on the bottom of the car as do most bar/cages that actually
provide protection. I know there are several others available. I in no way actually
know how much protection one provides versus the other.

good idea to add one though!!

MK

Old 11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!
Buddy, I don't know how much a roll bars helps at 180......it's so very difficult not to put your foot into these
cars. Choose your speed-runs carefully and methodically and resist the urge when in doubt. Tims words are a good sanity check for all of us from time to time.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
jonathan@millaracing is infamous around these parts

Thanks!
Buddy
I'd be happy to help.

We have a few different bars to choose from depending on your needs as well as seat options

Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to help out

Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Autopower my man! $579
http://www.myvividracing.com/project...roll-cage.html

Sorry I missed you in Vegas -

Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dassport above ^^ @ Miller Racing is the one I was trying to think of.
Everyone knows that these are the real thing, along with the safety devices products.

MK

Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
HEY B....
I got mine from Dan at vividracing. Im sure if you fish around you coudl probs get something a little cheaper ....but ..... probably from someone that doenst know about 6speed...or could care or give a rats...blah blah blah...for it.... I figured.. if the price is great.... D is here online with all of us.... why not....???? He is easy to get a hold of and if he messes up...we can all jump him.... lol.... nah.... JK Dan.....
just make sure they got it in stock or ask when you can take delivery of it!! Keep the business here if possible..... jsut my 2c !!
Good luck!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Buddy,
Call FVD, Heigo best aftermarket one, also the original Porsche it is pretty good., don't get anything supported at the floor,cheers, Sonny.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
is there any validity to the notion that a roll cage is dangerous for street driving without a helmut?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:31 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Anyone interested in a group buy?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:55 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
I'm in for a group buy.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carendt242
is there any validity to the notion that a roll cage is dangerous for street driving without a helmut?
Full cage... very dangerous w/o helmet
Roll bar (behind your seat) => you are ok.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996twin_sc
I'm in for a group buy.
+2 if I dont buy the GMG one for sale by a member.

And if we can all decide on one that we want.

I will not cut holes in carpets, an go drilling and all that so that eliminates autopower for me. I think GMG and Tequipement are the only bolt-ON (not through) roll bars there are.

If not, I'm all ears.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
manalex is infamous around these parts
I'm in depending on details, but looking for roll bar, not full cage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY ANYONE? Best place and price for buying roll cage.