996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I suck at drag racing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
for what it's worth, my car has k16's, GIAC flash and a fabspeed loud and it traps 123mph.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Holy **** 123 is really strong. You ran a 12.0 right?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by maxwell
for what it's worth, my car has k16's, GIAC flash and a fabspeed loud and it traps 123mph.

OMG that is some mph. Any secrets there? Is the car lightened? or just plain driving skill . I havent heard of a k16 car having that much mph

Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WyattTT
OMG that is some mph. Any secrets there? Is the car lightened? or just plain driving skill . I havent heard of a k16 car having that much mph
Autoconnection went 126mph so did Scott and Jimmer. I'm 2 tenths away from them (11.8) but I don't have the mph that they do

Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Here is the proof - maybe if I change my flash I could pick up a couple tenths

Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Powell
Autoconnection went 126mph so did Scott and Jimmer. I'm 2 tenths away from them (11.8) but I don't have the mph that they do

I had no idea the k16's were running that hard. Maybe it time to take it to the track.
Are these AWD or 2wd cars running that hard?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I believe that was on a race file with race gas. That makes a difference.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cohare
Here is the proof - maybe if I change my flash I could pick up a couple tenths
Damn, 40 degrees reduction in temperature makes a difference!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Autoconnection went a 11.5 with his pump gas file and 11.4 with his race gas file.

I can't wait till I get my clutch and the weather gets below 65-70* outside so I can get my 11.6 or lower.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Autoconnection went a 11.5 with his pump gas file and 11.4 with his race gas file.

I can't wait till I get my clutch and the weather gets below 65-70* outside so I can get my 11.6 or lower.
I'm not talking about ET. I'm talking about trap speed.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Powell did you do that 11.8 with a race file?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by cohare
Powell did you do that 11.8 with a race file?
Yeah, but honestly my pump gas file felt better until it really let the clutch go. I shouldn't have been running it because on my 12.0 pass with my upSolute I destroyed the clutch.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Chris that was some good driving buddy! I am glad you ran 11's today but hell with a professional driver behind the wheel of that car of yours, what did you expect?
Here are my 3 best runs of the day in my GT2. I have a GIAC tune done about 5 years ago and a Agency muffler from Vivid, that I like! but did not pick up the car any. I also have EVO WG on the stock turbo's and thats it! I feel my car is really still pretty much stock!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Jamie you've got one hell of a car there!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
This car ran pretty good also!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I suck at drag racing...