996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I suck at drag racing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie, I think you've got a 1.60 short time in you that will get you in the 10.70 range. Next time!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:55 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
I thought I had it today? but I didn't! I thought after running those back to back 1.55 60's on the Oct 8 race that I could do it again but the colder weather hurts traction and really didn't pick up the mph that much for me.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
10.83 Holy s* Jamie! I told everyone it was a 10.86, sorry about that... that is Flyin' Great times today.

I know you can get that z06 in the 10's, all in time.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Jaime,
Very impressive times! What tires were you running?
So let me get this straight: 02 GT2, Giac Tune, Evo DV's, K24 EVO WG's, AP muffler and that's it?! How much boost are you running trough the stock 24's? Stock air box, stock filter? Does anybody know what the DA was at that track when you guys ran? What was the temp and altitude?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
wow.amazing time for stock k24 turbos...with flash. granted its a gt2 but still. Wow!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Jaime,
Very impressive times! What tires were you running?
So let me get this straight: 02 GT2, Giac Tune, Evo DV's, K24 EVO WG's, AP muffler and that's it?! How much boost are you running trough the stock 24's? Stock air box, stock filter? Does anybody know what the DA was at that track when you guys ran? What was the temp and altitude?
I think it was about 50 degrees today and cloudy. I don't know what the DA was. I believe Jamie was running B.F. Goodrich DR's, Stock air box/filter. He is boosting 1.2 bar on pump gas on stock k24's with a GIAC flash.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-12-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Chris that was some good driving buddy! I am glad you ran 11's today but hell with a professional driver behind the wheel of that car of yours, what did you expect?
Here are my 3 best runs of the day in my GT2. I have a GIAC tune done about 5 years ago and a Agency muffler from Vivid, that I like! but did not pick up the car any. I also have EVO WG on the stock turbo's and thats it! I feel my car is really still pretty much stock!

Congrat's on that run!Awesome driving!OK fellas this is representitive of a 10 sec pass that was done because of the driving skills.Awesome run Jamie.Joe.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
MIR's Elevation is 100 feet, a 50 degree day makes for almost perfect conditions, with that said, it is still incredibly impressive for the GT2. Congrats again Jaime, great driving!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Mario knows my car better than me! But he answered your questions correctly so I don't have to! I have to agree the weather was close to perfect about 55 degrees and dry air. On the other hand the track was not that good as we had to do circles on the track itself to dry the rain from the night before for about 45 minutes after the Jet driers spent 3 hours doing it! Traction was good early, but faded quickly, a lot of cars dripping water on the track from running through puddles coming up the return road not to mention doing burnouts in the water box with stock radials after being told not to!
All in all though a really good day after the weather cleared. And thanks to the guys complimenting my car and my driving.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for coming out everyone, there were alot of records broken and a few axles

Mike- My friend took a pic of you launching and getting the front wheels off the ground! I'll see if I can get it for you

Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Going to the strip this weekend if Neil can get my clutch done in time, I think I can trap at least 126, maybe 127 with K24's ECU and Exhaust on a TT. Weight 3570 with 1/2 tank and driver.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Ahmad,

What happened to your axle brother??

B-

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks for coming out everyone, there were alot of records broken and a few axles

Mike- My friend took a pic of you launching and getting the front wheels off the ground! I'll see if I can get it for you

Old 11-13-2007, 01:41 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Mike, it's your first time, don't sweat it. Get your short times down and you're in the 11's for sure. And 11's don't suck - this board just has the ability to twist reality like that. In the 11's you're faster than 99.5% of the cars out there.

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Going to the strip this weekend if Neil can get my clutch done in time, I think I can trap at least 126, maybe 127 with K24's ECU and Exhaust on a TT. Weight 3570 with 1/2 tank and driver.
I sure as hell hope so - I'm at 126+ on K16's!

What clutch did you end up deciding on?

Last edited by jimmer23; 11-13-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I refuse to support internet brands

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-26-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I refuse to support internet brands

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-26-2010 at 03:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I suck at drag racing...