996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I suck at drag racing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
Here are a few pics I got edited last night guys....great day out there w/ some very impressive times!

Sorry about the axle Ahmad.....I'm sure you'll get it back stronger than ever and finally put down that nitrous pass!

Enjoy...many more to come.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Sniz is infamous around these parts

Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Going to the strip this weekend if Neil can get my clutch done in time, I think I can trap at least 126, maybe 127 with K24's ECU and Exhaust on a TT. Weight 3570 with 1/2 tank and driver.
Which track are you thinking of going to? Atlanta Dragway is closed for the year. Silver Dollar is open on Friday night I guess. Are you going out of state?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23

I sure as hell hope so - I'm at 126+ on K16's!

What clutch did you end up deciding on?
Well my car is about normal for what I have, maybe a tad faster, and is built for road racing, there arent many K16 cars trapping mid 120's so you have some extra giddy-up there. Im sure I could go 130's with a few minor tweaks, but I'd rather go 1:20's (At Road Atlanta ).

I'm going to do a Sachs setup, there are so many different ones I really amat a loss for which one it is I'm actually getting, all I know is that it's good to 750 hp.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdorn
Which track are you thinking of going to? Atlanta Dragway is closed for the year. Silver Dollar is open on Friday night I guess. Are you going out of state?

Silver Dollar on Saturday. MuscleCarEvolution.com is having a day at the drags I've know the guys for quite awhile so a few from my site are going down there with them.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Yeah if jamie was in that car you would have had 4/10ths on me by 330!!! My 60's are not even good, jamie was busting 1.6's and 1.5's all day...
Practice my friend...

Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light

Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
BTW, I heard that Jamie Furman ran a 10.96 in his Gt2 with just a Flash/Exhaust & Drag Radials on Pump Gas. That is some serious driving considering that the other cars on this board that have run times similar to those are modded to the gills and are putting out 650 to 700 plus hp to the wheels.
Not all of them. I ran 10.65 @ 136 in 78 degree weather with nothing but bolt-ons and only making 580 to the wheels in a car that's 100+ lbs heavier than a GT2.

But yes, regardless of what track he was running on, or what the temp was....Jamie's times are awesome and his car is very strong. He can also pull some outstanding 60' times, which is difficult to do in these cars.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-14-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I believe that was on a race file with race gas. That makes a difference.
My car was running pump gas that day, and was also full weight and AWD.

But regardless, high-octane fuel doesn't really give you any more power. It just allows you to run more boost or more timing...which is where the extra power comes from.

So if car a. is running 110 octane at 1.1 BAR on K16's, and car b. is running 93 octane at 1.1 BAR on K16', assuming they have the same tuning...they should be making pretty much the same power.

The guys that run race gas at mid to low boost levels aren't necesarily getting a performance advantage over those that run pump. They're simply providing more protection for their engines.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-14-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
I think my car is making about 500 rwhp based on my Z06 which runs basically the same times and mph and has about 450 rwhp but weighs 100 pounds less. Either way I was pretty happy with my times although I think a 10.7 was there, but I got my clutch hot on the last run and didn't want to ruin it so I packed it in. But it is what it is, I learned a long time ago there is always some one faster! Scott how about updating my ET and MPH on the fast list, I appreciate it! There is one thing I was wondering though? How could Mike not put up a good 60' pulling the front wheels?
Scott is right about race gas and pump gas, same boost same power! I think the difference is when the race gas goes in, the high boost file goes in and Walah! Big Power!

Last edited by jamie furman; 11-14-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I refuse to support internet brands
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-26-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Scott- Are you back in the country?

Mike- That pic is badass! I wish my car could do that, I would print a poster and hang it in my room lol

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I am crappy at drag racing too but alot of these 1/4 mile guys feel that your trap speed
tells alot. 117 mph is not very fast for your 510 RWHP, Powell did 116 mph on stock
K-16's. Something is not right, maybe you are not making the power now that
you made when you dynoed your car.

good luck,

MK

Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
trap speed does say a lot but the launch kills speed too. I have trapped 114 with a crappy launch and 118 with a good one. (k-16s)

I dont think it was a power issue, this man lifted the front wheels off the ground! Its not easy to launch these things and he was trying to save his clutch for road racing this weekend.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cohare
trap speed does say a lot but the launch kills speed too. I have trapped 114 with a crappy launch and 118 with a good one. (k-16s)

I dont think it was a power issue, this man lifted the front wheels off the ground! Its not easy to launch these things and he was trying to save his clutch for road racing this weekend.
That is one thing that just doesn't make sense. How can you lift your front tires off the ground and not pull a sub 2.0 second 60'?

As for the trap speeds, were you holding your foot on the accelerator all the way through the traps or hitting the brakes as soon as you crossed the line? Your trap speed is calculated by how long it takes you to get through the traps, so if you start braking before you get all the way through the traps your trap speed will be low.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I suck at drag racing...