996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ECU Flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !

Christian

Originally Posted by Kevin
Otherwhitemeat, please PM or email me.. I can't figure out why your IP address is the same thing as another Tuner??? I have left emails and PM's for you..

Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have more than 25 years as a computer and technologist and I can tell you one thing. Who cares who is programming just so long as it works and if it does not, you can get them on the phone to resolve the issue.

8 months ago I started the Porsche Club Of America National Registry for 911 Turbos. I am not a UMW customer. I can tell you they do have a great reputation with PCA turbo owners and there products work very well. They also have returned my phone calls and spent more time with me than any other tuner educating me about turbos and modifications.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I think the pig has been slaughtered......

Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
otherhwhitemeat is infamous around these parts
Kevin,

In response to our phone conversation, as you know I work for FVD. I post under the username otherhwhitemeat on 6 speed online. It has come to my attention that my posts under my private username, were in the wrong spirit of the online forum. This was never my intention and after talking with you directly on the phone, I wish to extend you my apologies. My post “you UMW guys are sneaky (big grin smiley)” was meant in jest and this statement was not meant to be taken seriously as was the reason for the smiley face after my sentence. My posts were in poor judgment on my part, as my statements and questions could have put you in an uncomfortable position. After our conversation, I hope you accept this apology on my behalf.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
give me a break

Christian

Originally Posted by otherhwhitemeat
Kevin,

In response to our phone conversation, as you know I work for FVD. I post under the username otherhwhitemeat on 6 speed online. It has come to my attention that my posts under my private username, were in the wrong spirit of the online forum. This was never my intention and after talking with you directly on the phone, I wish to extend you my apologies. My post “you UMW guys are sneaky (big grin smiley)” was meant in jest and this statement was not meant to be taken seriously as was the reason for the smiley face after my sentence. My posts were in poor judgment on my part, as my statements and questions could have put you in an uncomfortable position. After our conversation, I hope you accept this apology on my behalf.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Kevin,

Only because you were busted! Otherwise you would still be playing this game. I hope you don't represent FVD as a whole....

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the response Kevin! I know you said you make the decsisions on the programming- but who physically programs the software for UMW- if its you physically doing it right there on the spot in house-awesome (and impressive) but if the file is sent out, where do the decisions that you make get programmed. Please dont take this as an attack on you or your company- there are alot of UMW guys on the boards and you have had a lot of positive response- I am only trying to do some homework on programming (as I am looking to do business with one) since a lot of tuners tout programming as there own and turns out their proprietary software is programmed by some other company. Once again, thanks for the response.
Respectfully,
OWM
Given the recent revelation, I thought the gang should have another look at this post. Holy deception, batman! What other company men are masquerading as customers on this board???

Jeff

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
OWM: I posted in support of your "right" to ask what I thought was a viable question only to find out that you had an ulterior motive. It pains me to see things like this come up on a forum that's dedicated to an ad-hoc bunch of guys trying to help each other out with a collective pool of knowledge. Your credibility took a big hit. I'm going back to eating beef.... the "other white meat" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
Given the recent revelation, I thought the gang should have another look at this post. Holy deception, batman! What other company men are masquerading as customers on this board???

Jeff
Man you ain't kiddin......That was pretty bad.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 AM
^Stuff like this says alot about ones character or lack of

Christian

Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Capitalism at its best! Do everything and anything to give yourself a leg up on your competition. However, don't use work computers that have IP addresses that can be traced back to you! Duh!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch... that was unnecessary, there are already many people who back FVD why take shots at others to TRY to make yourself look better... talk about a backfire!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:12 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
The way I read his posts were more about information gathering than trying to disparage anyone, but still it was kind of sneaky. Like I said, capitalism is what makes this country go!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
That is no knock on whoever is doing your programming and I am not making software comparisons against you or anyone else as I know the UMW guys (woodster, Wross996TT, you) are always on the forum and ready to jump on anything about you- good bad-or indifferent- even a thread about someone elses programming- as this thread started out about.
Respectfully,
OWM
I'm not sure how I got dragged into this (I didn't even post on this thread), but I am (WAS) an FVD customer...I have purchsed a CF Steering wheel, OZ rims, intake plenum and FVD PSS9s...a rather large sum of money...and this is how you treat customers...with deception and attacks...shame on you. You've lost my business and respect!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
I'm not sure how I got dragged into this (I didn't even post on this thread), but I am (WAS) an FVD customer...I have purchsed a CF Steering wheel, OZ rims, intake plenum and FVD PSS9s...a rather large sum of money...and this is how you treat customers...with deception and attacks...shame on you. You've lost my business and respect!
AMEN BROTHA!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Flash