996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New AP/VR 650 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
I wish this was an option 11 months ago when I started modding my 996TT. Just curious Dan, how much additional horsepower would a Milltek exhaust and one of your cold air intakes add to your 650hp package and would the tuning be adjusted for them?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No tuning to adjust. Softronic tunes off the factory Knock and O2 sensor. So no need to buy into a "Race Map" or tuning for basic bolt on mods. The Milltek adds about 15whp to a stock K24 car. Our intake as tested is quite impressive. See here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-45355.html

I have 6speed promo prices on the intake, exhaust, and of course... turbo kit

Old 02-15-2008, 07:18 AM
robinh20mrv is infamous around these parts
could you ship this to the uk? and if so how would i get the map done? send you the ecu dhl? i already have a miltech system so will it mate up ok? we use higher octane petrol here in the uk, 95 on a bad day or out up north or 98 in the city,

your thoughts are most welcome!

cheers robin.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We definitely can ship to the UK. We have several customers that we have shipped products to there. We use Softronic for ECU tuning. Very convenient and easy. With the turbo kit we send you the flash cable. You simple connect the flash cable to your Windows laptop and then to the OBDII port which is on the bottom left side of the steering column. You follow the directions as seen here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=45

Once softronic receives your factory file, they will change it to our 650 kit specs and send you the file back. You now have a copy of your stock file on your computer and your upgraded map. Simply load it back on to the car following the instructions linked above. Unlike other ECU tuners, there is no need for a different "race" file or higher octane map as Softronic tunes using the factory Knock and O2 sensors. So whether you put 91, 93, 95, 98, or even 100+ unleaded octane, the ECU will adjust accordingly. That is the big difference as if you bought a "race" file from someone else for 95 octane, what happens if you have some 93 octane in your tank and mix 109 unleaded? Do you get 95? So you are good to go with the octane.

Any factory style exhaust will bolt up to our turbo kit. This includes the Millitek which is an excellent choice.

We would be excited for you to run one of the best kits and represent us in the UK. Shoot us a PM or email when you are ready to buy.
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM
robinh20mrv is infamous around these parts
cheers, sounds very cool! i just fitted k24s last week with GT2 intercoolers, aftermarket boost hoses and diverters, miltek exhaust system and remap then came offshore so i have only driven it 300 miles since all the work! but that does not stop me starting all over again!

i will be in touch soon, ps, i have bought Subaru stuff from you in the past.

cheers, robin.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
You have all the basics ready to go! Sell the K24's to someone here that wants a hybrid and your kit just go cheaper I just sold a customers used K24 for $2000. Glad to hear your coming back for more, hope the Subaru was a good time!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 AM
autochecker is infamous around these parts
is this still available? or is there something better?

hi guys,

am interested in doing a stage 3 kit for my 996TT i want to know if this kit is still available?

if not has it been superseded by something better? or can any one recommend a better alternative?

the car would be used as a daily driver by the way, and we have no emissions testing in my country

Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Sent you a PM