996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New AP/VR 650 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here is the pictures of the X50 Tip we talked about. We will be dynoing today as we have to change the spark plugs out. The car is equipped with AP 650 Turbo Kit, AP Boost Hoses, AP FHose, Forge Diverter Valves, K&N Flat Panel Filter. Some side parts he has: Momo wheel with custom paddle shifters, JIC Coilovers, AP sway links, AP control arms, GT3 sway bar, Work VSXX wheels.

More pics coming soon
View a COMPLETE gallery here of this project -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=287

Complete Kit Installed -

New Oil tanks with drain -

Manifold and External Wastegate Dump Pipe -

AP Boost Hose and FHose -

Mitch Loading the new map -

Almost ready!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
someone give this guy a stock steering wheel! LOL LOL LOL LOL

S

Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Do you see the crazy F1 paddle shifters he has on it??? Look closely.

Car on the dyno now!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:09 AM
tone01 is infamous around these parts
that a sick azz kit love the wastegates

Old 11-21-2007, 06:00 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
would love to see the dyno on it - got a before and after?

local tuner charge me $1400 to add paddle shift to my stock steering - ugly IMO. or $2800 for a new RAID one with paddle shift.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
yeah those paddles are from a guy in Japan. I will have the dyno sheet here shortly. we just put an exhaust on the car.

like i said before, i want to get these on peoples cars, if you are interested in a kit, contact me for a special promo deal.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:50 AM
dxb996tt is infamous around these parts
Kit looks great, would be interested to see some before/after dyno sheets...

How easy is this package to install by a local Porsche mechanic? How much tuning etc... on the Dyno?

Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dan,

Love the headers and the ext wastegates !!

Good luck,

MK

Old 11-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Sorry I did not get the dyno up of the TIP car. We have to switch the spark plugs out. Monday

Marty - thank you as always for your support!

DX - The kit is as easy to install as pulling off your stock headers and turbos. It is a complete swap. It would take a technician 1 day to switch and dial everything in. There is no tuning really. We have a set map ready. On the dyno or the street you would dial in the boost, check the AFR, then be good to go. If a map change was needed, through the client cable, you would load a new file as needed. As far as the before and after dynos, when we do your car, we will have some

Anyone that is interested in the kit, I would even pay 1 way of the auto transport. If there is a track day that same week or weekend here, you are running free too

Old 11-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
All the best w/ the new kit, Dan.

Competition is always good.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Nice work Dan! Congrats..

great deal to offer track day and part of the transport. Really good for people in cold enviroments to get some warm weather with the car. You should talk with Luis to figure out track day and driver if owner of the car is not familiar

Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Looks like a great kit Dan. How loud is it when the wastegates open?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Phoenix.

Bruce, I am very good friends with the NASA AZ director, so any track newbies I would setup with the DE program.

Ari - wastegates sound awesome when they open. Did you watch the video? If not go here again - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/45746

Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
Whoever just called me about the hard parts only, please call me back. You caught me half asleep and I gave you the price with turbos and wastegates. The price is much less. Thanks

Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Dan,
Why do you use external wastegates instead of the DV's like EVO UMW? FYI I couldn't hear them that well in the video, which was great by the way. Why are you using a boost controller instead of programming with in the ECU? Also what are you doing about fueling? 5 Bar FPR?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New AP/VR 650 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT