996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New AP/VR 650 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
for our 650 turbo kit, the GT2860rs is spec'd more for the daily drivers, road racers, and weekend crazies! If you go with a GT3076 with our HARD COMPONENT Kit, I would recommend analyzing the type of driving you will be doing. The ones running stuff like the Texas Mile will not want the same turbo as the guy road racing.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joetwint,

I believe I have the correct specs and you are right about the AR size...pretty big.

The ebay turbos listed are not exactly like the ones that Tial Sells (real Garretts),
I am not an expert but the ones I have look different and are not "directly off the shelf"
they have some final fabbing done to them.

MK

Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Tial 996TT turbos are only available through 1 retailer that paid for the castings to fit on the Porsche OEM setup. They are still internally gated and probably considered hybrids since Tial machines and puts them together that way. That pic on ebay is a Garrett turbo, looks like a GT35R or something with that crazy inlet.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joetwint,

I believe I have the correct specs and you are right about the AR size...pretty big.

The ebay turbos listed are not exactly like the ones that Tial Sells (real Garretts),
I am not an expert but the ones I have look different and are not "directly off the shelf"
they have some final fabbing done to them.

MK
My Bad,I thought he mentioned they were
.63a/r.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the input guys. Lets get back to the topic of making your 996TT 1 bad **** with the 650 kit!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Sorry Dan for taking this off topic

Jag

Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor
Its all good information. Since we have already sold 1 kit with the 3076s it is good for people to know. We can supply the power for 800HP, just need correct programming and fuel. We again can supply these parts but have not had time to do a full package with our car.

Like I have said before, looking for racers of all likes to get the kit on your car. For promotional deals, please contact me.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan
I think you will have a gold mine in 08! Congrats on such a fine looking product. I think there will be two or three people doing a build in 08 here in the lone star state. You know who to contact for more information. I received good news today! MY cams are back... finally 2 months of waiting!!! I dont know how long it will be to put the motor back together and tune it on the dyno... but maybe I can make it for the last 60 to 130 contest... the engine might be to green to run it hard???
happy holidays

Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
DrBarneyFife is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robmd99
I received good news today! MY cams are back... finally 2 months of waiting!!! I dont know how long it will be to put the motor back together and tune it on the dyno... but maybe I can make it for the last 60 to 130 contest... the engine might be to green to run it hard???
happy holidays
Congrats Rob. Thats good news. I have been reading about the ebb and flow of your project over the past seven months. You have been at it for quite a while. Good to hear that you are getting close to unleashing your monster. One of the things I have learned from reading about the progression of your project, and others, is that you have to be patient because it always takes longer than you expect. Regardless of the tuner, big power builds take time . . . a lot of time. I hope I have the patience for the power level I want. Thanks for forging a new path with your 3.8 liter build and good luck with the completion. I eagerly await the results, as I may also do a 3.8 liter.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
I appreciate it Rob. I am sure after the holidays the fun will pick up again.

Back to topic of the 650 monster. We will be taking these to the drags on friday hopefully!

Old 11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
Holidays are approaching and I know it is hard to spend big $$$ on yourself. Get an early start to the spring modding!

If you schedule a kit purchase/install in the month of December (deposit or paid in full at $15k retail), we will give you FREE vehicle transportation to our facility in Arizona and back to you! Nobody offers that! Installation at Vivid Racing is max 2 days and cost of install is under $1500 with Free before and after dyno runs and tune!

Dont need us to install it and just want this kit?

$13,500 for complete kit shipped!
Guaranteed to blow away the competitors in power, quality, functionality, driveability, and reliability.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Holidays are approaching and I know it is hard to spend big $$$ on yourself. Get an early start to the spring modding!

If you schedule a kit purchase/install in the month of December (deposit or paid in full at $15k retail), we will give you FREE vehicle transportation to our facility in Arizona and back to you! Nobody offers that! Installation at Vivid Racing is max 2 days and cost of install is under $1500 with Free before and after dyno runs and tune!

Dont need us to install it and just want this kit?

$13,500 for complete kit shipped!

Guaranteed to blow away the competitors in power, quality, functionality, driveability, and reliability.
Come on people - can't beat that!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Dan,
That is an incredible deal you've put together.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Come on people - can't beat that!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great price

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
You cant beat the components and performance, no modified used stuff either!

Call me to get hooked up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New AP/VR 650 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT