996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I lost 31 lbs and it only cost $300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:25 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AntX GT2
When club racing or autocrossing in the summer season my engine bay fan will sometimes run for up to 10 minutes after initial cool down driving/ideling in the pit. Is this battery strong enough to handle the fan going for 10 min inbetween tracking?
Mine too runs for 5 to 8 minutes and multiple cycles without an issue and then it site up to 4 days until I start the engine. These batteries are evolving and I am sure the battery gets better every year.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
I've heard that Deka is a better choice .. anyone got experience with that? Same weight but larger capacity, and around the same price

Old 12-07-2007, 10:17 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I herd that they are not as good. Also, I believe the terminals are a different size than the stock terminal.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
So which battery is the next size up and how much more does it weigh?

Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Acropora
So which battery is the next size up and how much more does it weigh?
I think this one is $150. And this is who I purchased it from
West Coast Batteries Inc.
410 Le Roy Drive
Corona, Ca. 92879
Toll Free (888) 379-2555
Contact us

PC 925 Specs:
  • 925 cranking amps for 5 seconds
  • 870 cranking amps for 10 seconds
  • 765 cranking amps for 20 seconds
  • 675 cranking amps for 30 seconds
  • Short circuit current over 2400A
  • 28Ah
  • 52 minute reserve capacity with 25amp load
  • CCA - 380 (Is this important?)
MJ stands for metal jacket. What is the difference between the MJ and the non-MJ?
T stands for SAE automotive terminals.
L stands for left post positive. If the battery is sitting flat with the terminals on the side closest to you, the positive terminal is on the left.
Terminal
M6 Bolt - Can be fitted with brass automotive terminals

PC925
General use, no metal jacket, female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt.
The PC 925 measures 6 15/32" long, 6 7/8" wide, 4 7/8" tall and weighs 24 pounds.
<More information>
PC925T
Auto engine start, no metal jacket, SAE terminals.
The PC 925T measures 6 15/32 long, 6 3/4" wide, 5 9/16" tall, and weighs 24.5 pounds.
<More information>
PC925MJ
General use, high temperature, with metal jacket.
The PC 925MJ measures 6 5/8" long, 7" wide, 4 15/16" tall and weighs 25.5 pounds.
<More information>
PC925MJT
Auto engine start, w/metal jacket, SAE terminals.
The PC 925MJT measures 6 5/8" long, 7" wide, 5 7/8" tall and weighs 26 pounds.
<More information>
PC925L
BMW, Ducati, Moto Guzzi. General use, no metal jacket. Female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt.
Mounted upright the PC 925L measures 6 15/32" long, 6 7/8" wide, 4 7/8" tall and weighs 24 pounds.
PC925L powersport applications and more information can be found here.

PC925LMJ
Harley Davidson 1997 - present FLHR, FLHT, FLTR.
Mounted upright the PC925 LMJ measures 6 5/8" long, 4 15/16" wide, and 7" tall.
PC925LMJ powersport applications and more information can be found here.

Last edited by robertp; 12-07-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
nycsurfer is infamous around these parts
I have PC680 on my audi ,it lasts about 7~10 days in the garage ,1.5 hours with aftermarket stereo system.40 minutes with my electrical fan .

Old 12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by nycsurfer
I have PC680 on my audi ,it lasts about 7~10 days in the garage ,1.5 hours with aftermarket stereo system.40 minutes with my electrical fan .
Where in NYC do you surf?

Old 12-07-2007, 02:54 PM
nycsurfer is infamous around these parts
on my laptop doing net surfing mostly ,I've been to Tobay beach and long island beach,the wave is kinda lame compare to San Diego I used to live .

Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I grew up in Huntington and Newport Beach and surfed for many years at some of the best Pacific Ocean beaches. Now I too am a Web surfer.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
How long can you play a high powered stereo without the car running and still be able to start with these batteries?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by John D
How long can you play a high powered stereo without the car running and still be able to start with these batteries?
I think it defeats the purpose of the battery ; If you have a heavy system, a couple of pounds of battery won't matter....

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robertp
I think this one is $150. And this is who I purchased it from
West Coast Batteries Inc.
410 Le Roy Drive
Corona, Ca. 92879
Toll Free (888) 379-2555 Contact us

PC 925 Specs:
  • 925 cranking amps for 5 seconds
  • 870 cranking amps for 10 seconds
  • 765 cranking amps for 20 seconds
  • 675 cranking amps for 30 seconds
  • Short circuit current over 2400A
  • 28Ah
  • 52 minute reserve capacity with 25amp load
  • CCA - 380 (Is this important?)
MJ stands for metal jacket. What is the difference between the MJ and the non-MJ?
T stands for SAE automotive terminals.
L stands for left post positive. If the battery is sitting flat with the terminals on the side closest to you, the positive terminal is on the left.
Terminal
M6 Bolt - Can be fitted with brass automotive terminals

PC925
General use, no metal jacket, female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt.
The PC 925 measures 6 15/32" long, 6 7/8" wide, 4 7/8" tall and weighs 24 pounds.
<More information>
PC925T
Auto engine start, no metal jacket, SAE terminals.
The PC 925T measures 6 15/32 long, 6 3/4" wide, 5 9/16" tall, and weighs 24.5 pounds.
<More information>
PC925MJ
General use, high temperature, with metal jacket.
The PC 925MJ measures 6 5/8" long, 7" wide, 4 15/16" tall and weighs 25.5 pounds.
<More information>
PC925MJT
Auto engine start, w/metal jacket, SAE terminals.
The PC 925MJT measures 6 5/8" long, 7" wide, 5 7/8" tall and weighs 26 pounds.
<More information>
PC925L
BMW, Ducati, Moto Guzzi. General use, no metal jacket. Female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt.
Mounted upright the PC 925L measures 6 15/32" long, 6 7/8" wide, 4 7/8" tall and weighs 24 pounds.
PC925L powersport applications and more information can be found here.

PC925LMJ
Harley Davidson 1997 - present FLHR, FLHT, FLTR.
Mounted upright the PC925 LMJ measures 6 5/8" long, 4 15/16" wide, and 7" tall.
PC925LMJ powersport applications and more information can be found here.
Robert...which PC925 battery did you buy and did you also have to buy a mounting kit?

Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !

Old 12-07-2007, 11:01 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I think it defeats the purpose of the battery ; If you have a heavy system, a couple of pounds of battery won't matter....
drjoe,

Not really - My stereo system is not that heavy compared to stock. The NAK head unit is an even exchange. Two OEM amps and the OEM 6-CD changer come out and one 10 pound, 950 watt high power amp goes in their place. Speakers are all direct replacememts utilizing OEM wiring and yes, there is a net gain of a few pounds due to heavier speaker coils and crossovers. The Boze sub enclosure gets 3 small, 6" subwoofers in place of the OEM Boze sub woofer (a few pounds gained here, as well, but nothing wild and that's it). I will weigh everything to determine the net change in weight, but I don't think it will be much - about 10 lbs....this is not a monster system with multiple amps, heavy wire, custom enclosures, etc. The car is already on a diet - it has GT3 seats, no rear seats, wiper delete, Speedtech exhaust and GT2 decklid w/CF wing (on the way soon). Although the stereo adds a litttle back, there is still a net loss on the car and I would like to eliminate another 20 pounds of battery weight. Makes sense to me. I had a nice high end system in my last turbo and miss it. When in the mood to drive with music, there is nothing like cranking up some clean, loud Led Zeppelin and combining it with tuned twin turbo power. It's one of the finer experiences in life!

Tom, I'm serious . I would like to know if my wife goes in a store for 20 minutes or so...can I listen to some music without fear of not starting up again?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
drjoe,

Not really - My stereo system is not that heavy compared to stock. The NAK head unit is an even exchange. Two OEM amps and the OEM 6-CD changer come out and one 10 pound, 950 watt high power amp goes in their place. Speakers are all direct replacememts utilizing OEM wiring and yes, there is a net gain of a few pounds due to heavier speaker coils and crossovers. The Boze sub enclosure gets 3 small, 6" subwoofers in place of the OEM Boze sub woofer (a few pounds gained here, as well, but nothing wild and that's it). I will weigh everything to determine the net change in weight, but I don't think it will be much - about 10 lbs....this is not a monster system with multiple amps, heavy wire, custom enclosures, etc. The car is already on a diet - it has GT3 seats, no rear seats, wiper delete, Speedtech exhaust and GT2 decklid w/CF wing (on the way soon). Although the stereo adds a litttle back, there is still a net loss on the car and I would like to eliminate another 20 pounds of battery weight. Makes sense to me. I had a nice high end system in my last turbo and miss it. When in the mood to drive with music, there is nothing like cranking up some clean, loud Led Zeppelin and combining it with tuned twin turbo power. It's one of the finer experiences in life!

Tom, I'm serious . I would like to know if my wife goes in a store for 20 minutes or so...can I listen to some music without fear of not starting up again?
The answer is if you are willing to RISK the car not starting up again. IIMO, Porsches drain a lot from their batteries when they are sitting (alarm, electronics, etc.) Plus my GT2 died twice in downtown Houston(quite embarrassing and scary at the same time...)....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I lost 31 lbs and it only cost $300