996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I lost 31 lbs and it only cost $300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
That's what I thought. I think I will try a PC 925 for a little extra insurance. And park facing downhill, if I'm wanting to listen to the radio/music with the car off.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Why not just go with the Optima battery, save a good few pounds, but still have great reliability?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
How long does it stage charged, do you need a trickle charger to keep it going?

Christian
I have one of these batteries in my Datsun Zcar/track car project. I've had it for TWO YEARS now and it has never been charged. It's been used solely for testing the wiring as we build the car, but it's been sitting in the car, connected for two years, with constant drains on it as we built out the car, and it has never been charged. I'm pulling 11.2 volts on it right now, and today we'll really pull a lot since we're finalizing the wiring.

These are GREAT batteries, and may well be on my list for the Pcar!

Mike

Old 12-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Why not just go with the Optima battery, save a good few pounds, but still have great reliability?
The Optima Batteries are Junk in my opinion. I've had THREE of them fail on me in other cars. If you do go with the Optima, Do NOT use the red top. It's the worst of the three. Blue or yellow top all the way if you must go with an OPTIMA.

Mike

Old 12-08-2007, 01:23 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
The Optima Batteries are Junk in my opinion. I've had THREE of them fail on me in other cars. If you do go with the Optima, Do NOT use the red top. It's the worst of the three. Blue or yellow top all the way if you must go with an OPTIMA.

Mike
Mike, I have been running mine for 14/15 Months (Red Top) now without any issues. Is there a problem with these Batteries?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I had two redtops replaced in my corvette due to dead cells, and two in my other truck for the same exact reasons. I quit buying them. If you can get them to last 18-24 months, you're doing good, mine never lasted past a year.

Maybe I got a bad run, or maybe they fixed the issues they had... This was in the 2002-2005 timeframe.
Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Got ya Mike, might be because mine was purchased here in UK

Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
I have to echo that Optima Battery Red top SUCKED big time. I would never buy them again. And this is in Southern CA, where temp is always between 50-80F

Old 12-09-2007, 11:17 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The seem to work well here in So. Cal....

Old 12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I wonder if there has been a bad batch runing around, I honestly have had no issues.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
This is the 4th time that I have let my car sit over a 4 day stretch and it started right up.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I have had 3 bad ones in 6 years. Not a batch issue. I had it explained to me like this...... if you let them drain and STAY drained for even a couple of weeks without charging.....it kills them quickly. For example....in my Bronco I had a dual battery set up......and something was draining very slowly on my secondary battery......and every time I would need it...it was dead......ended up relacing it several times because It wouldn't hold a charge.......yet in my Mustang.....I have a disconnect onthe battery.......I can (and have) let it sit for 6 months and it will fire right up......but if you drain them and don't recharge them.....they are DONE.
I have kiled Two red tops and one blue top...ALL being almost never used secondary batterys in my 4x4

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
I wonder if there has been a bad batch runing around, I honestly have had no issues.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
gobble is infamous around these parts
I had one of these in my NSX and it didn't survive the winter as was advertised. Keep in on a charger if you're going to store your car.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Yep, it does not last more than 4-5 days. It will last a week if I drive it alot before I park it. It is still worth the weight savings.