996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transform your GT700 now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
why not just do the GT800 kit?
You going pay the $20,000 to upgrade?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
...spool.

Have you tried running your new setup on the 91 file too?

Also... Have the boys at EVO given this the "2 thumbs up"?

Thanks Buddy.

Mike
I have run the 93 pump program with no issues. And no this is not EVOMS approved!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Buddy,

When doing your EBC research, did you consider the HKS EVC VI? If you ruled it out, please tell me why. It is the one I am presently considering.

Nice to chat with you in Atlanta the other evening.
Nope never considered another boost controller. Worked with Tim and his Greddy EBC when we did his Proto upgrade and was impressed.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Al,

The beauty of the Greddy is that it is simple to use, works great, and is relatively inexpensive. The HKS EVC VI is a superior EBC no question. Besides the neat-o features, it uses a true stepping motor instead of a solenoid valve like the Greddy. The Greddy is not a good choice if you are running over 25psi, but obviously with our cars that's not an issue so the Greddy is a good choice.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
The new gt800 with 3.8l kit has full boost 300rpms later than the gt700, not too bad at all!

Jag
Hey Jag - I agree 100%. The 3.8L with GT30's sounds like an excellent combo. Sounds like the extra displacement gets those turbos spooling fast.

Mike

Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
Buddy, over the phone I highly recommended not for you to install a boost controller to get some cheap power. You say you have not dynoed the car but you say that the A/F ratio is good? Where did you get that data from? Narrow Band 02? There a lot more variables to this extra HP then just boost. What are the injectors running at for all this boost? What is the EXACT octane of the fuel you are running? Octane booster? Some details please... Buddy, please when you have a few min. to spare tomorrow give me a call! I got your e mail to Todd; we can go over what you are looking to do.

We have sold over 200 GT700 kits all over the world!

IF YOUR MOTOR IS STOCK OR MODIFIED I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT INSTALLING A BOOST CONTROLER!!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mike@evo
Buddy, over the phone I highly recommended not for you to install a boost controller to get some cheap power. You say you have not dynoed the car but you say that the A/F ratio is good? Where did you get that data from? Narrow Band 02? There a lot more variables to this extra HP then just boost. What are the injectors running at for all this boost? What is the EXACT octane of the fuel you are running? Octane booster? Some details please... Buddy, please when you have a few min. to spare tomorrow give me a call! I got your e mail to Todd; we can go over what you are looking to do.

IF YOUR MOTOR IS STOCK OR MODIFIED I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT INSTALLING A BOOST CONTROLER!!
Mike

when u get a chance replie to my emails and get me the dyno's I requested.

Jag

Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Looks like Buddy G found our secret hehe J/K

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Mike

when u get a chance replie to my emails and get me the dyno's I requested.

Jag

Good luck Jags! GET EM! NOT! (Borat)

AFI/vivid piping kit Bro, external wastegates and TRUE DUAL BALL BEARING TURBOS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE!

PS I've JOINED THE PROTOMOTIVE BAND WAGON Y'all!

S

Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by mike@evo

Mike we hooked up a scan tool to the OBD and read both banks live as we were tuning the EBC, AFR's were perfect. I am running a 5 bar fpr and GT104 race gas. I will give you a call, but so far I am real happy with this setup.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
the gt700 60lb Deka injectors at 80% are rated to over 800rwhp as per the knowledge of Todd Knighton. This is at 4bar. I pretty sure Buddy is fine and any one else will be also. Guys if u want to turn it up further just put in a colder spark plug for extra insurance. Rae gas alone brings your afr down tremendously.

S

Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 AM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Hey Buddy it sounds like you now understand part of the protomotive madness.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
I would rather go with HKS EVC 5(6) its much more stable to hold the boost then greddy, and AEM Wideband rather then narrowband, i had these on my MKIV with 600 hp +

But it maybe its diffrent on holding boost on the 996TT....
Just had alot more good experiance on the HKS unit

// André

Old 11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
the only word of caution i would give to people if you go this route, although it should go without saying, is make sure you're running higher octane than the Evo program.

i'm already experiencing knock at peak torque using 100 octane on the 100 program. since that's the highest octane i can procure, i'm sticking w/ what i've got.

- chuck

Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Good luck Jags! GET EM! NOT! (Borat)

AFI/vivid piping kit Bro, external wastegates and TRUE DUAL BALL BEARING TURBOS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE!

PS I've JOINED THE PROTOMOTIVE BAND WAGON Y'all!

S
WOW!What happened to "A new age in tuning"?The 2 step didn't work out?Just curious.Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transform your GT700 now!