996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transform your GT700 now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Car sitll isnt back yet proto helped build fuel system and vivid's piping kit with dual ball bearing turbos (gt big). EPL will tune her when shes back and kicking.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 11-20-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Car sitll isnt back yet proto helped build fuel system and vivid's piping kit with dual ball bearing turbos. EPL will tune her when shes back and kicking.

S

Suman, Why would'nt you keep one tuner for everything? ...Let's just say god forbid you have issues, which you will it's just of matter of how many or how bad. Then who will you blame? It will be a nightmare!!! lets say the tuner ran it lean, the motor throws a bearing, the fuel system gives...etc one guy blames the other. things that make you go hmmmmm.. Just food for thought Brotha, looking out for you! Remember everthing is fine & dandy until **** goes wrong.......tom

Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
IMHO, that's a mute point, if something went south with most all tuners short of RUF. it's too easy to point the finger elsewhere. have you heard of any tuners replacing a complete motor due to a mistake they made? it's lip service to make a sale.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
thanks for looking out y'all but I just want her back at this point. I will keep you up to date with my "problems" as they happen. LOL

S

Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Good Luck Suman,your in good hands!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
IMHO, that's a mute point, if something went south with most all tuners short of RUF. it's too easy to point the finger elsewhere. have you heard of any tuners replacing a complete motor due to a mistake they made? it's lip service to make a sale.
Yes I have EVOMS has done this I can't give details but they do stand behind their work.

EVOMS ROCKS!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
EVOMS tried charging me 22,000 to go gt800 (WITH OUT MOTOR BUILD) Then they D*cked me in the hunt for power

Underground sources tell me gt800 sales are hurtin and this is a plea! Hmm I wonder why?!?!?!?! ($12k unaccounted profit)

(shaking my head)

Originally Posted by buddyg
Yes I have EVOMS has done this I can't give details but they do stand behind their work.

EVOMS ROCKS!

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I am just sharing my experiences with them and I have been very happy. Businesses are suppose to make a profit and I don't have any info on their
pricing.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I didn't mean to come off so negative but stuff like that would agitate you.

S

Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
I didn't mean to come off so negative but stuff like that would agitate you.

S
as expected, the Porsche crowd is full of high-strung testosterone monsters. then there's the Porsche turbo crowd. I'd expect that depending on who you speak with @ EVO you're going to get a different answer depending on if they remember your car or not.

just between shops, all reputable, I have received quotes of $40K $30K $25K and $23K for motor builds depending on what I said I wanted (plus internals!) and the main problem was communicating what the car already HAD so as you'd be aware, most shops are "kit-centric" so if you said you wanted a 700 kit or an 800 kit the first thing you're going to hear is the FULL price of that kit. They find out that you've already got a 700 + internals then you're right.... going to an 800 will require maybe fueling, another secondary pump, injectors, and refreshed turbos plus some software. We consider that vs the call to someone asking "what about an 800" and you get the "full boat offer"

agree with Buddy.... source the parts yourself and SAVE $10K ~ the kits have a built-in 50% margin so you have to live with that or your other bet is to find all of those parts yourself, separately, and then find someone who wants to be responsible for assembling all of it along with all of the misc. doo-dads that EVOMS will provide.... brackets, adapters (if necessary) for the larger intercoolers and etc... could be nightmarish.

Looking into Matwichuck's GT777 / UMW Stage 4 (I made up the 777 but it sounded cool) which will have the rods, studs, and intake with his own special sauce. Kevin is enough of a maniac that it's going to be a monster when I pull the trigger on it.

As per Markski: there are very few things necessary to create big power. You just have to narrow the list to HUGE intake, MAF, no exhaust, and big turbos, intercoolers plus huge fuel rails and injectors. You will also need a big fuel budget... (LOL)

Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
im saying EVOMS MINUS the motor build wanted 22K for fuel system and turbos and ecu. This is with a trade in of the gt700 turboa and headers, all USED parts. What happens to these gt700 turbos and headers. Do they get reused on kits or resold? this to me sounds fishy. For 10k I got brand new piping kit wastegates turbos and fuel system done and installed. Only difference is I do not get credit on my tune and "warranty from Evoms" Go Protomotive or UMW if you want the owner to pick up the phone and really help u. Sounds way more practical to me, then having to call a million times to get your tuner on the phone only to dish out your own money cause of no warranty.

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Surprised

I'm actually surprised that anyone would offer a warranty on a 700hp build. Too many of us are running race gas, doing drag-runs, adding boost beyond the engineered limits of what EVOMS produces on its own. Most people I know refuse to RIDE in a car with someone who runs this much power much less GUARANTEE reliability when the intended use is nothing short of all-out racing. Let's just say that you apparently had a tough time with EVOMS. They do great work and engineer great kits. Having said that, those same people can perhaps become somewhat user-unfriendly and perhaps less customer-service oriented in their great success.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
I'm actually surprised that anyone would offer a warranty on a 700hp build.
Exactlyl This is why I pieced it together. Why buy a 30k dollar gt700 kit when you can do it for 18k elsewhere. Especially if the warranty is non existent.

S

Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
Having said that, those same people can perhaps become somewhat user-unfriendly and perhaps less customer-service oriented in their great success.

Sad! ISN'T IT! Sometimes you have to cut into profit in order to win back repeat customers, its the name of the game. I only see this in the smallest scale from Evoms. Hence why I buy all my parts from Imagine Auto. Even Stephen rips into his profit to make a sale. I would never deal with the mothership.

s

PS the gt700 kit on pump gas at 1.3bar is not a 700hp kit. Some one please go find a load bearing dyno and post your 570awhp on this thread just to prove me right and I dont up the conversion, It's 20%. 684bhp max. Race gas, Stephen will tell u only put down 581awhp which is no 750+ as claimed. its 697.2bhp on race. pttth!

PPS then you find out these turbos aren't really ball bearing what would you do?

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Sad! ISN'T IT! Sometimes you have to cut into profit in order to win back repeat customers, its the name of the game. I only see this in the smallest scale from Evoms. Hence why I buy all my parts from Imagine Auto. Even Stephen rips into his profit to make a sale. I would never deal with the mothership.

s

PS the gt700 kit on pump gas at 1.3bar is not a 700hp kit. Some one please go find a load bearing dyno and post your 570awhp on this thread just to prove me right and I dont up the conversion, It's 20%. 684bhp max. Race gas, Stephen will tell u only put down 581awhp which is no 750+ as claimed. its 697.2bhp on race. pttth!

PPS then you find out these turbos aren't really ball bearing what would you do?
This coming from a guy who 3 weeks ago told us about a "New Age in Tuning" (EPL LAB) and has quickly turned his back on them and gone with Proto.That's all well and good but do really know what you want or what is involved in the build?You do realize the Evo gt800 fuel system consists of more than just a couple of $300 dollar pumps.Let us know where you end up money(I am sure you will be honest) wise when it is all said and done........if you switch from a 700 -950 for under 20k well then there are a few of us on this board that are not too smart(UMW,Proto,and Evoms included).Are you gonna tell us how EPL did you wrong next?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transform your GT700 now!